Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens to mytesla.com after delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am within a few weeks of delivery of my Tesla Model S (AT LONG LAST!) in Australia and was wondering what happens to the my.teslamotors.com web portal after delivery?

You get to admire a computer generated image of the car you have in your garage!

It doesn't really serve too much purpose I don't think. You can go there and download manual and that sort of thing and change settings for whether Tesla can send you emails etc.

I didn't have to hit any red button, the app just started working a few hours after delivery.

It must be new (or only specific to WA deliveries) as I only collected my car yesterday. Below is from the email that I received from my DS.

DELIVERY PREPARATION
Please log into your MyTesla Portal tomorrow to hit the red ‘Accept Delivery’ button.
(This activates your Tesla Mobile App and Rdio Music Subscription access within the next 24-48hrs)

Also, you can see if someone ordered a Tesla using your referral code. It's worth having a look!
The website is also where you can read general software release notes, and news bulletins from Tesla. For instance there's a new one 2 days ago about

Tesla All Wheel Drive (Dual Motor) Power and Torque Specifications

It must be new (or only specific to WA deliveries) as I only collected my car yesterday. Below is from the email that I received from my DS.

DELIVERY PREPARATION
Please log into your MyTesla Portal tomorrow to hit the red ‘Accept Delivery’ button.
(This activates your Tesla Mobile App and Rdio Music Subscription access within the next 24-48hrs)

Also for SA deliveries. I think tesla use it as a form of 'signing' for the car as delivery is by a 3rd party.