TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What happens with Unfinalized orders?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Ingenieur, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Member

Hello,

short question:

If one was to place an order, paid in the deposit, however no finalization takes place upon request, is the order just rolled over into the future or is it cancelled?
    Do i get my deposit back?

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

If you cancel before finalizing then your deposit is refundable. If your car is built and you refuse delivery then goodbye deposit.

3. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Member

Thx,

I mean if i place an order, provide deposit, than asked to finalize but do nothing, what will happen?

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Your order is "auto-finalized" two weeks after you place the order even if you do nothing before that. You'll not get your deposit back then and the car enters the production process.

5. 46&2

46&2 Member

You got a 14 day chance to make any changes you like. After these two weeks, it's considered 'finalized' by itself. Deposit is lost, then.

6. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Someone mentioned recently they got auto-finalized at 7-days. And, here in the Purchase Agreement when setting up an order, it appears that 7-days is the window now (not 2 weeks).

Manufacturing Process.

Week 1: We will submit your order to the Tesla Factory for production one week after the Order Date. During this one week period, you may cancel yourorder or make any changes to your Vehicle Configuration without incurring any costs.

Week 2 until Delivery: When we submit your order for production, your Order Payment becomes earned and non-refundable. Because production of yourVehicle is already underway, changes to your Vehicle Configuration during this time will be difficult, if not impossible, for us to accommodate. If you wantto make changes to your Vehicle Configuration, we will try to accommodate your request. If we accept your request, you will be subject to a nonrefundable$500 change fee and potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original order date. Any changes made to yourVehicle Configuration, including changes to the purchase price, will be reflected in a subsequent Vehicle Configuration that will form part of thisAgreement.

7. 46&2

46&2 Member

That is a bit different in the U.S., then, as it clearly states two weeks in Germany.