Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What has been hauled or transported in your model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a video of EV Dave transporting some 10 foot lengths of conduit in his model Y. Nice to know you can do that.
I thought it be interesting to see what other unusual items the model Y has hauled around. Not having trash service at the bay house I thought that a small bag of our garbage could be put in the Frunk for a short transport home.

PXL_20210528_180149514.jpg

I haven't towed anything with my Performance yet but I have made multiple Lowe's trips and the most I had in the back were 9 bags of mulch plus 3 bags of garden soil. I still hadn't used the frunk and I had space along the sides if I needed a few more items. I did have to put the rear seats down.

So far I've transported: The Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, The Loch Ness Monster, Sasquatch and a Jackalope

What's that you say? They're not real????

Well guess what ... neither is my Expected Delivery Date! 🤬
Oooooohhhh I felt that deep in my soul. My best friend and I ordered MY the same day, I wanted the MYP for the aesthetics and she wanted the longer range.... I'm due to pick mine up in the next couple of weeks and she's stuck in the "October" hell.

What is your expected delivery date?

Does it really matter? I mean it keeps changing, so tbh I've stopped focusing on it

It was 9/6 --> 9/26 on Friday, went to 9/8 --> 9/28 on Saturday and today (Sunday) it's slipped to 9/11 --> 9/30

I used to have an Austin vehicle ... trouble was that it was an Austin 1100

1629038513024.png

Ha! did any keen eyed observer notice that one's badges as a Morris? - Basically the same company making the same cars and eventually becoming British Leyland

Here's a 'real' Austin 1100

1629038662022.png

but I digress . . .

I like your picture. How does it handle with that long trailer with the weight at the end, Sway? Any disappointment in ride comfort, bumpiness relative to other vehicles. You have the 19 inch gemini's and should be better than the 20 inch wheels and tires.

No sway. It is bumpier and the trailer tends to dampen the rear different from the front if you are going over bumps.

The next time we take it out I will remove one of the propane tanks and replace the other with a smaller one.

I took it through a muddy field once while raining and it was amazing how well the AWD performed.