Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you done with your Tesla today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of the piano black is gone! Full brushed black wrap from AO.
I like the brushed look, it’s very clean!

Today I installed the Tesmanian rear spoiler. The install was simple, but I’m a bit worried, the very ends of the spoiler had a small gap to the body of the car during a dry fit. I worked out the best position I could find and marked up the extents with tape. I cleaned the exterior with alcohol and used the provided adhesion promoter. Then it was basically peel and stick. I’m hoping the ends stay attached, but to be honest I’m fully expecting them to peel back once the painters tape is removed. Time will tell, tape comes off in few days.
0A93506B-E79F-42B0-BABB-564DB4EB484F.jpeg
C860895E-41A4-45CE-98A9-32D9E30F9192.jpeg
AE2E400B-7AA0-46C6-9FF0-3A001F58B96B.jpeg

I like the brushed look, it’s very clean!

Today I installed the Tesmanian rear spoiler. The install was simple, but I’m a bit worried, the very ends of the spoiler had a small gap to the body of the car during a dry fit. I worked out the best position I could find and marked up the extents with tape. I cleaned the exterior with alcohol and used the provided adhesion promoter. Then it was basically peel and stick. I’m hoping the ends stay attached, but to be honest I’m fully expecting them to peel back once the painters tape is removed. Time will tell, tape comes off in few days.
View attachment 632795 View attachment 632796 View attachment 632797
I saw that episode of Twilight Zone, so I'd be worried.

I saw that episode of Twilight Zone, so I'd be worried.
Believe me, I am.

So after letting the adhesive cure for three days, I pulled off the tape today. Most of the spoiler adhered very well, with no visible gaps. As I (and others) suspected though, the very ends did not adhere. There are small gaps at the extreme tip on both sides (see photos below). Honestly, if the gap stays consistent then I'll be happy with this. If the gap starts to increase over time, I may just pull the whole thing off. Hopefully that does not happen though.

Top View
File_000.jpeg

Side View
File_001 (1).jpeg

Drivers Side Gap @spoiler tip

File_002 (1).jpeg

Passenger Side Gap @spoiler tip

File_003.jpeg

From below @passenger

File_004.jpeg

From below @DriverS side

File_005b.jpg

Reactions: Fred42
@monteitis - removed and painted?
Or Wrapped in vinyl?

Matches the rest of the car now. Well done.

Thanks dude. I actually went the cheap/reversible route and plasti dipped 'em without removing from the car. I don't have any emblem adhesive and removing from the old stuff from the "dual motor" emblem would be a PITA.

Taped some office paper around the emblems to limit overspray.

Sprayed light coats, using a heat gun in between to speed up the process.

Used a needle to carefully lift the excess that didn't peel off.

Wiped down the area with WD40, easily gets the overspray. Followed with alcohol and a quick detailer spray.

I think it looks sharp.

InkedIMG_20210221_105925_LI.jpg

I hit the 'Boost almost every time I get. I introduced an Acura NSX to the 'Boost this afternoon.

I didn't realize it until later, but an Acura NSX had pulled up behind me while we were waiting at some lights. It turned green and I floored it as usual. I hit speed, let off the accelerator, looked back (usually no one there), and someone in a black low slung sports car was about 25 ft behind me. I kept on going and let off when we came up to some traffic lights where s/he turned left.

Acura_NSX.jpg

YUGE! SO. MUCH. FUN. My head gets knocked back into my headrest and I feel like I’m so much faster than everyone else on the road!

SO. WORTH. IT.

I hit the 'Boost almost every time I get. I introduced an Acura NSX to the 'Boost this afternoon.

I didn't realize it until later, but an Acura NSX had pulled up behind me while we were waiting at some lights. It turned green and I floored it as usual. I hit speed, let off the accelerator, looked back (usually no one there), and someone in a black low slung sports car was about 25 ft behind me. I kept on going and let off when we came up to some traffic lights where s/he turned left.

View attachment 639060

Fantastic!!! I’ve owned BMWs, Porsches, Mercedes. My Model Y LR w/Acceleration Boost seems so much faster than anything else I’ve owned. It’s insane!

Reactions: mark95476
Yup. The instant torque is amazing when you need it for passing and puts a smile on my face every time. I'm usually running between 50-70% SoC so it's not the full 'Boost experience, either. ;)

Do you recall all of the maintenance your gassers required had and how much you spent? I'm projecting a bit, but I get the feeling that it weighed on the NSX owner. An NSX is way more complex than a typical Honda so they probably didn't think it was worth the additional wear and tear to pass me.

Fantastic!!! I’ve owned BMWs, Porsches, Mercedes. My Model Y LR w/Acceleration Boost seems so much faster than anything else I’ve owned. It’s insane!