Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What if no Model 3?

If Model 3 was out of the question what type of car would you buy?

• Hybrid

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Plug-in Hybrid

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • ICE

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • EV

Votes: 65 59.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True but gotta remember no tax incentives on the used S.

Regarding the question, I'd wait for the new Leaf I guess or buy a used Ioniq. The 24 kWh Leaf is very limiting.
I think the tax incentive is nice, but I am not counting on getting any tax break by the time my number comes up. I do read some people who say they wouldn't buy the 3 without the incentive.

Reactions: Lem89
You are correct; I did not specify. I would be interested to know how many people also consider AP to be a critical element in their M3 purchasing decision.

i for one am not interested in AP and i know a few others with model 3 reservation that are probably going to spec without it. if you havnt seen it for yourself, you might want to get into a car with AP and use it for a few days. I can see the technology grow and be used in the future but I am not touching it until it matures. i'd give it at least 5-10years before AP actually works properly

i for one am not interested in AP and i know a few others with model 3 reservation that are probably going to spec without it. if you havnt seen it for yourself, you might want to get into a car with AP and use it for a few days. I can see the technology grow and be used in the future but I am not touching it until it matures. i'd give it at least 5-10years before AP actually works properly
Different strokes...different folks. :)

Depending on costs, I could see getting autopilot, but see no reason to spend the extra for full-self driving anytime soon. Sure, will cost more to activate later, but that could still be long ways off and would rather keep that money for better uses in the meantime.

Reactions: Lunarx and kev1n

Just got back from Canada this noon. Used AP1 for miles. It is not made for use around towns, but as a tool for those long boring stretches of road that go on and on and on. I had mine set at 80. We'd pull up behind someone passing a camper, we'd slow down, follow, they'd pull back in the right lane, we'd pass. Hand resting on the wheel. No stress. But AP1 is what most people need right now. AP4? I don't need it. Can't imagine having to use it to drive to the corner store.

You can wait. That's like saying you wouldn't buy a gas car until they're "mature", or perfected. They never will be, and AP will continue to improve, but knowing where it is and how to use it could be perhaps compared to using a treadle sewing machine vs one of these machines that do buttonholes and edging. The treadle was ten times faster than sewing by hand. So why would you want to sew by hand until the technology matures? Use what they got.

I have to respectfully disagree Kev1n. I just got my Loaded Model X 90D about 3 weeks ago and have used AP2 extensively. While yes, it is not perfect (that's what software updates are for), it works great, especially in freeway traffic which I deal with a-plenty in San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles. TACC is a god-send for freeway traffic. My right leg thanks me every time I drive my Model X versus one of my ICE cars. I am guessing that, since you live in the Bay Area, you would find AP2 to be very helpful if you approached it with the right, positive attitude.

Andrew

• Informative
Reactions: TrickyDimitri
I have to respectfully disagree Kev1n. I just got my Loaded Model X 90D about 3 weeks ago and have used AP2 extensively. While yes, it is not perfect (that's what software updates are for), it works great, especially in freeway traffic which I deal with a-plenty in San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles. TACC is a god-send for freeway traffic. My right leg thanks me every time I drive my Model X versus one of my ICE cars. I am guessing that, since you live in the Bay Area, you would find AP2 to be very helpful if you approached it with the right, positive attitude.

Andrew

And I'm here with a 5-speed manual gearbox in LA traffic. Not even dumb cruise control. In my opinion, people who cite stop & go traffic as a reason against manuals are full of hot air (I've managed it in Manila traffic).

And I'm here with a 5-speed manual gearbox in LA traffic. Not even dumb cruise control. In my opinion, people who cite stop & go traffic as a reason against manuals are full of hot air (I've managed it in Manila traffic).

I've owned countless manual gearbox ICE cars. My left and right legs both sorely (literally and figuratively disagree with you). Besides which, I am not promoting TACC against manual gearboxes but, rather, against any car that doesn't have TACC!

-Andrew