Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is my car worth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming $75K MSRP and 3 months that comes to: 75000*0.83 - 20000 - 2250 = $40,000

So the next question is, what is the range ?

If the degradation is anything less than 5% then that would be a great price, isn't it - for a buyer.

I have a 2013 Model S. I have the 60KWH battery
Tesla will offer you 0.83MSRP-$1.00*milage-1%*(age in months).
If it is a Sig, I expect you can get 0.9MRSP-$.55*milage-0.5*(age in months).
There were no 60kwh sigs...
1. There were no California Sigs with 2013 indicated in the VIN.
2. If you can find a Sig that satisfies either or both criteria (2013 and 60 kWh), you have a collector's item probably worth far more than you paid for it.

Don't you have $10k+ in total incentives in CA?

So you are saying 20k miles is only worth $5k off list?

I started thinking 55k but then I thought no way.

I'm calculating the car costs $80k with all the options (3750 tech, 1500 leather, 2000 supercharger, 950 sound, 1500 pano) minus $10k incentives for California so that's about $70k. Minus $10k for the 20k miles. So $60k. But again this is assuming its in mint condition. If not, then I'd think $55k would be reasonable

I have 5,500 miles on mine in exactly 2 months to the day, thats ~91/day if I drove it that far every day. Some days I do 30 miles, some days I do 200+ (I have a MS60 w/Supercharger & Jump Seats, though, have never supercharged), and will likely be adding another 350-375 miles this weekend. Yah, I wish I had the 85kw.

DaveT: how do you factor only minus $10k for 20k miles ? Shouldn't that be minus $20k and that brings the Tesla price to $40k, and hence a $50K offer is a good one ?

Depreciation of $20k for a $70k car after 20,000 miles seems just about right ?

DaveT: how do you factor only minus $10k for 20k miles ? Shouldn't that be minus $20k and that brings the Tesla price to $40k, and hence a $50K offer is a good one ?

Depreciation of $20k for a $70k car after 20,000 miles seems just about right ?

$80k car - $10k incentives (first owner redeems) - $10k mileage (20k miles) = $60k max I would pay

I agree deducting just $10k for 20k miles is generous but the used car market for the Model S has got a lot of scarcity at the moment so I factor that in. With more used Model S's coming to the market that will change the equation for me.

How would you all factor in a car that had a complete battery pack replacement as well as an inverter replacement? Just for speculation, suppose a car had 12k miles on the odometer, but at 12k , had a new 85kWh battery pack put in. Also say at about 6k miles, the car had a new inverter put in, what factors might you apply to value the car?

How would you all factor in a car that had a complete battery pack replacement as well as an inverter replacement? Just for speculation, suppose a car had 12k miles on the odometer, but at 12k , had a new 85kWh battery pack put in. Also say at about 6k miles, the car had a new inverter put in, what factors might you apply to value the car?

I have thought about this myself. I think this is a whole new ball game in terms of what the car is worth. In a few years, what if you had 200k miles and just upgraded to a brand new 120kw battery?? Who knows...lol

That's a lot of miles, but really what was worn out...the tires? I would not think the inverter would wear out. The battery is really the big factor, especially since in this case it has a mileage limited warranty. I think it would be easy to sell with new tires based on the market shortage. If you sold it to someone who didn't have the ability to take any tax credits, you'd probably do even better. People knock off the 10k in incentives automatically, I don't look at it that way. If you sell it to a person in a state that doesn't have an incentive, that's a little more profit for you. Also, sales tax was probably equal to the federal credit in CA. My guess is 60+ on a national auction. The last factor I can think of is whether it would be able to be financed as new with that many miles.