Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla's upcoming 'under your nose' announcement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did someone suggest it is new steering wheel inlays offering choices of CC buttons on right (replacing stalk) and new media switches on left, for example? Two or three different schemes will be offered, depending on personal taste.
--

oh right, that's why my microsoft friends joke that they spend half their time at work huddled around Apple devices, trying to figure out how to replicate the products... honestly, it's shameless.

It's easy to adding lots of one-trick features and make things more complicated.

Leonardo da Vinci said it best - Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

I've worked (tinkered) with PC's for decades since before my college days (286, 386 etc etc) and in the last 5 years I switched to MAC because I wanted to actually USE my devices in my business rather than plan, tinker, optimize them.

In so many ways in life less is more.

Did someone suggest it is new steering wheel inlays offering choices of CC buttons on right (replacing stalk) and new media switches on left, for example? Two or three different schemes will be offered, depending on personal taste.
--

I'd just like to have an option reverse the cruise on/cruise off selectors... still getting that confused regularly five months later.

This sounds too a little too trivial to be an announcement, though.

My guess: "You guys remember we added the supercharger-hardware for all cars? Even the 40kwhs - which really are 60s? Right? Well, all cars actually got the Performance inverter, too Keep cost down. Its the same! So, all 85kwh owners will from now on be able to "rent" the performance gains of the top model for $49/week. 60kwh owner may rent the 85kwh gains for the same amount. Or for only $15000 you can upgrade over the air!"

"One mire thing...
Also we included a secret tic-tac-toe game that will be unlocked on your touchscreen as of now."

If it's a feature that's already on all existing vehicles, and there isn't wiring for any of the extras we'd all like, I'd wonder if it'll be an announcement of the official NHTSA crash test results.

I'm sure we'd all be pleased to be in one of the few 5 star rated vehicles in all categories...

If it's a feature that's already on all existing vehicles, and there isn't wiring for any of the extras we'd all like, I'd wonder if it'll be an announcement of the official NHTSA crash test results.

I'm sure we'd all be pleased to be in one of the few 5 star rated vehicles in all categories...

..confused...the Model S was already 5 star rated in every category....that is old news from last year from Elon himself during one of last year's shareholder meetings. something like:
"Model S received 5-star ratings for ALL NHTSA tests. In fact, we exceeded them. If 6 stars were available, we would have received 6."

..confused...the Model S was already 5 star rated in every category....that is old news from last year from Elon himself during one of last year's shareholder meetings. something like:
"Model S received 5-star ratings for ALL NHTSA tests. In fact, we exceeded them. If 6 stars were available, we would have received 6."

I believe that represented Tesla's own determination of the MSs crash tests, based on mimicking NHTSAs testing methodology. Or alternatively, represented NHTSAs preliminary testing using Tesla-provided cars, but were not finalized because NHTSA was still in line to receive their own purchased Model S to perform testing on for the official publication.

When I received my car in January, the sticker did not list a crash test rating. And I have not yet heard of a final crash test rating issued subsequently either.

oh right, that's why my microsoft friends joke that they spend half their time at work huddled around Apple devices, trying to figure out how to replicate the products... honestly, it's shameless.
I think we're long overdue for snippiness-style thread for banishing the "I hate Apple", "I hate Microsoft", etc. branch discussions.

Just an opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

This has been discussed in depth before and hopefully I can summarize briefly and reasonably accurately.

Facts as I understand them as of May 1, 2013:
1. Car manufacturers are responsible for performing the specified tests and reporting the results honestly.
2. NHTSA takes a "random sampling" of market vehicle production by "ordering as a normal person" from the various manufacturers. They don't do every vehicle every year; they have some selection criteria.
3. When NHTSA has final results for a vehicle they publish them.
4. Tesla has done #1 for Model S.
5. NHTSA has probably done #2 for Model S.
6. For Tesla Model S, #3 hasn't occurred yet.