Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla's upcoming 'under your nose' announcement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Battery warranty is all on Telsa: unless you destroy it physically in a crash or maliciously (Elon's example: blowtorch), no other behavior will void it.

Roadsters available as loaners in some markets. Loaners will be available for sale at discount of 1% per month + some amount per mile (forgot the figure). Elon expects some people to swap their car for a loaner if it's better (just pay the price differential). I think that is a really interesting option.

My questions: If you don't have to pay for the service plan (or even get inspection) as part of the warranty, what are the advantages of doing so anyway?

Last edited:
Toward the end of today’s conference call Elon was reluctant to answer a question regarding all-wheel-drive for the Model S. He indicated that was a matter to be discussed in the future. I strongly suspect that AWD is what will be under a Tesla driver’s nose.

No way Tesla can afford that at this stage in business cycle. My guess is that those who pre-pay for service will be able to use either Toyota or MBZ dealers for service, since they have to have technicians trained on the Tesla powertrain components anyway to service the vehicles they are/will be selling using the Tesla powertrain.
Why do you say Toyota? The only Toyota w/Tesla bits right now is the Rav4 EV which is only a CA compliance car. IIRC, it's only sold at 55 dealers in CA.

I agree. No AWD 'S' for some time. Their business plan seems clear. Roadster to prove EV can be done with decent range. 'S' to show that not only can an EV have some practical range but can compete with luxury sedans. 'X' to show that you can do AWD and compete with crossover vehicles. Gen III to finally show you can make a more affordable EV. Eventually TS may return what we would all like to see...an option of an AWD 'S' but from a business plan stand point I think they have (or should have) their eye on moving the company forward to reaching out to all market segments.