Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the cost of supercharging in CA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car will be a year old at the end of the month.
Can someone in California tell me what SC rates are in their area? Both Northern and Southern costs appreciated.
Tejon Ranch Outlets, Southern CA = $0.37/kWh

1638841411415.png

Car will be a year old at the end of the month.
Can someone in California tell me what SC rates are in their area? Both Northern and Southern costs appreciated.
I'm in the same boat.
On the tesla website, under your account > billing > next page > ... until you see the PDF downloads by month.
There you can see the date, amount, and rates of the supercharging you used.

That will give you an idea of the prices being charged at the superchargers you have used.

Very close to LA's average gas price today for a vehicle averaging 35mpg. But of course, there are alternative options for charging that are much cheaper, and those don't exist with an ICE.
IME that’s a Sonata PHEV, comparable to a Model 3 in usable space.

As you say though for the discriminating shopper there are options including free or near free AC charging….But you try telling your averaging person that and they’ll blink at you like you just told them to climb Mt. Whitney with only use of their upper limbs.

@chuhouse2003 , typically there are no prices on the nav screens of cars that get free supercharging. Both of my cars have free supercharging and I can't see any of the SC prices on my screens...
Thanks so much for the info. Tesla offer 2021 free supercharge for my 3. So I wasnt concerned. But my referal mileage has already expired and I still haven't seen the pricing since beginning of this year. So I guess I should contact Tesla to confirm it.

Thanks so much for the info. Tesla offer 2021 free supercharge for my 3. So I wasnt concerned. But my referal mileage has already expired and I still haven't seen the pricing since beginning of this year. So I guess I should contact Tesla to confirm it.
Are you sure it expired? It shows on your Tesla account page? Maybe you just need to charge it once to get a bill to get the pricing to show up again.

No. Do not reach out to Tesla.
I haven't. But I dont want to have a heart attack after charging. LOL
Are you sure it expired? It shows on your Tesla account page? Maybe you just need to charge it once to get a bill to get the pricing to show up again.
My referal mileage supposed to end december, 2020. Then the free 1 year supercharging offered by Tesla overlap it. That's why I think those referal mileage expired.