Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Residuals / Depreciation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Forty_Two I have been looking for M3LR 2022 Ryzen model used (blue/grey) and I was expecting to pay £25k (due to Highland) and can't find any under £28k.

Doesn't look like that deprecation has had an same effect on used retail market
24.5k is the starting price if you don’t mind high mileage, it’s also blue. I’d also check how long the 28k ones have been on sale and bid low

I agree. However, £40k for 3 year old car that cost £120k is pretty crazy. Must be uncharted territory for Porsche. Strange times indeed.
Yes they are one of the brands that were supposed to keep residuals better because of how they controlled discounting.

He'll be fine at end of finance as he can just hand the car back. I guess that just seems like a long way off if you don't like the car. Though as others say, I think he also makes a nice amount of money from those videos which he might well lose get once he goes back to a fossil car.

I've not watched this video but as a point in general I’m all for a good video supporting a point that’s being described and can be really helpful, but let’s not inflict videos on each other without providing the narrative of whats in it allowing others to make an informed choice as to whether to watch it or not, especially when increasingly these videos seem to go on and on and frequently with conclusions which aren't worth the effort.

I know it's a bit of a pet hate of mine as it's a trend that seems to be increasing here and on other foums, but I don't think it's asking too much, it shows respect and courtesy to other members of the forum to explain why they should watch the video and what they might see. I'd also struggle to see why anyone would disagree with that point but feel free to explain if you do

I've not watched this video but as a point in general I’m all for a good video supporting a point that’s being described and can be really helpful, but let’s not inflict videos on each other without providing the narrative of whats in it allowing others to make an informed choice as to whether to watch it or not, especially when increasingly these videos seem to go on and on and frequently with conclusions which aren't worth the effort.

I know it's a bit of a pet hate of mine as it's a trend that seems to be increasing here and on other foums, but I don't think it's asking too much, it shows respect and courtesy to other members of the forum to explain why they should watch the video and what they might see. I'd also struggle to see why anyone would disagree with that point but feel free to explain if you do
That video appeared on my YT home page the other day and, sure enough, I got bored quickly and watched something else instead.

I agree it would be handy for somebody to summarise when posting links but isn’t that somewhat unfair for those, like [I imagine] this guy, who are trying to earn a few £ by making online content? To be clear, it’s not something I do or ever intend to do so not defending for my own benefit.

That video appeared on my YT home page the other day and, sure enough, I got bored quickly and watched something else instead.

I agree it would be handy for somebody to summarise when posting links but isn’t that somewhat unfair for those, like [I imagine] this guy, who are trying to earn a few £ by making online content? To be clear, it’s not something I do or ever intend to do so not defending for my own benefit.
We’re not here to fund YouTubers, if the content is worthy then explaining why shouldn’t be hard and people will still watch of it peaks their interest .

I posted one a few days back, it was by top gear and was a review of Lucid. I said it included a fair bit of history on the model s design process which I found interesting and the CEO, who lead part of the Model S design, had a very different persona to Musk. Thats the type of thing that gives people a little insight so they can decide whether to watch.

Maybe it’s just me but I suspect we wouldn’t tolerate random links to websites without any real explanation so why would we to videos?

Reactions: MrBadger
We’re not here to fund YouTubers, if the content is worthy then explaining why shouldn’t be hard and people will still watch of it peaks their interest .

I posted one a few days back, it was by top gear and was a review of Lucid. I said it included a fair bit of history on the model s design process which I found interesting and the CEO, who lead part of the Model S design, had a very different persona to Musk. Thats the type of thing that gives people a little insight so they can decide whether to watch.

Maybe it’s just me but I suspect we wouldn’t tolerate random links to websites without any real explanation so why would we to videos?
From what I saw - the summary of that video was that a guy had a “proper meltdown over selling his Taycan - he just dragged it out too long 😀.