Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's weird - looks like they skipped this week? On Monday, two weeks ago, the highest verified invite was for P#4787, the week after that, P#9134, so I was hoping we'd get to ~14K today or so.
#9898 and I got the invite last night...looks like 10k was the cutoff.

Don't know if there is a method to this madness, or a monkey with a dartboard painted on a wall at Nummi and wherever he throws his poo, determines who gets to configure. In my minds eye, I see categories for US Reservations, with slots for +500, +1000, +5000, Canadian Sigs, European Sigs, RHD Sigs, and a very small target in the middle for All Reservations, and inside that target, an even smaller one for Everyone.

Root for the monkey.

#9898 and I got the invite last night...looks like 10k was the cutoff.

Don't know if there is a method to this madness, or a monkey with a dartboard painted on a wall at Nummi and wherever he throws his poo, determines who gets to configure. In my minds eye, I see categories for US Reservations, with slots for +500, +1000, +5000, Canadian Sigs, European Sigs, RHD Sigs, and a very small target in the middle for All Reservations, and inside that target, an even smaller one for Everyone.

Root for the monkey.
That's exactly how it works. The monkey even has a four letter name...

It looks like all US reservation holders have been invited by now.

Not all. I randomly put my reservation down on 1/11...the day the reservation floodgates opened. Mine still says:
"Your Model X was reserved on 1/11/2016. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation."

So they cleared out all the reservations but I'm in a holding pattern of some sort. I wonder if there is a normal few day wait for the deposit to process or something?

Not all. I randomly put my reservation down on 1/11...the day the reservation floodgates opened. Mine still says:
"Your Model X was reserved on 1/11/2016. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation."

I suppose they invited everybody through 1/10/16, but reservations after that point will have to wait until next Monday. The design studio still isn't open yet for the gen pop.

Still, I'd gladly take a week over having to have to wait years.

Last edited:

So they cleared out all the reservations but I'm in a holding pattern of some sort. I wonder if there is a normal few day wait for the deposit to process or something?

I believe they restart the 3 year waiting period today. You just missed it!

Well, it's another Monday. We'll see if the config invite comes today but as of right now this 1/11 deposit hasn't been invited to the config party. Side note...not complaining at all, I'm fine waiting. I'm just curious about the logistics side of all this. I'm sure it's because 1/11 was the cut-off, they'll wait before the next invites to configure come out, and we'll have second row folding seats...yeah, that's it. ;-)

I did get my invite to "Meet Model X" and signed up for a slot in Seattle. Looking forward to it.