Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Matias, Sep 2, 2015.
I'm in the early 170's and no invite yet
In the high 80's and nothing yet...
Do you have room in your garage for 4 Teslas? Are you going to need to put up more solar cells?
484 not yet
What kind of reservations?
This is a good thread, but the numbers alone don't tell the whole story. I suggest that we use the S*** for Signature reservations and P*** for production reservations. We know, from Bonnie's thread that S1 and S2 have configured. Are all of the posts here for Signature reservations? My reservation is P564, and I've not been invited to configure.
S1192, not contacted yet.
I take the high 80's and 170's comments above to be signature reservation #'s. I'm Sig 184 and haven't been invited yet.
Been checking the threads for 3 days!! This is by far the best and most relevant thread yet. BUT... probably NOT worth posting that you have NOT been contacted as we can all assume that. Better to post when someone IS contacted so we can all follow (and take a little edge off) :wink:. Good luck to all. (S870)
I do like to see the posts from the low number holders. I.e. if #31 posts that they haven't been contacted, you know it's fewer than that. But if #54 then posts the same, you're right, that's not helpful. So, knowing the lowest that hasn't gotten an invite = good, anyone higher than that, irrelevant.
In medicine we'd refer to those as "pertinent negatives"!
Has anyone beyond #27 yet been invited to configure? Anyone?
If not, it seems to me we're looking at a token number of invitations issued only to hit the September 1 'deadline'. I really hope I'm wrong...
As far as I know, the last I heard was from Sig #27, which probably means (due to cancellations) that only the first 20-25 Signature holders were called up. I suspect that there were about the same number of Founders Series as well (to be delivered on Sept 29). That might imply that Tesla is keeping the initial batches small (e.g. 20-25) until they're ready to start the ramp up. A few people have reported that a Tesla rep informed them that the next batch would be during the last week of September, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything new for another couple of weeks.
Unfortunately, it seems that you are correct. Please keep us posted re your status. A bunch of us production reservation holders will probably have to wait until the new year, but would like to gauge the progress. Thanks to Paul Carter and the ModelXTracker people for all their good work in that regard!
When I talked to Tesla Sales last week I was told only the first 25 Signature holders were allowed access to the design studio for now. Others will be allowed on starting in 2-3 weeks. Patience is a virtue. And to be honest I want to know more about what I am ordering. That will be revealed in 3 weeks when the first deliveries are scheduled.
MX Signature #1096
I know at least Sig #3 is missing. There is probably another one in the first 25 so I guess 27 makes sense.
This is all interesting to me. The numbers and tracking that is. I was pretty late to reserve. And my husband has been trying to get me to drive a Tesla for quite some time. It wasn't anything necessarily negative, I just didn't want a sedan with so many activities (need room for surfboards, kayaks & bikes) and kids. But I just hate minivans. If I had been paying attention, I would have reserved my MX from the very moment it was available.
My number one motivation for wanting this car is safety. The safety features in this car are just outstanding. I have had a pacemaker since '97. I never had a single problem with my first one but the one that replaced it failed me twice. We don't know why but it seems to have suddenly just stopped working. Then the new one failed once due to the wrong or bad settings. One of the failures of my old one happened while I was driving across the Bay Bridge during rush hour. I slumped forward and bumped my less than 4 month old mini cooper (countrymen) into the suburban in front of me. Didn't do any damage to the suburban but a fair amount of expensive to repair cosmetic damage to my mini. About 6 months later I ended up giving that car to our nanny as part of her payment for her going with us on a 15 day cruise & caring for our kids practically 24/7 (considering she shared a cabin w/them) and bought myself the car/SUV with the best safety rating at the time. At my husbands request, I bought a Subaru SUV. Not my favorite car by a very, very long shot but definitely safe with the system it has available in it. The pacemaker failure I had due to poor settings happened in my Subaru. That car stopped all by its little 'ole self without any problems at all. Not a scratch on it or anything around. Now, as far as safety goes, I really do like that car very much.
My pacemaker has since been reset but why not try to drive the safest car possible? There is always the possibility of my pacemaker settings getting disrupted. Maybe?
I just didn't expect to see a SUV from Tesla. I didn't know about the MX until I happened to catch a little snippet in an article, someone in the family mentioned it or something like that. I could/would have been happy to put down the 40k or 45k to reserve the MX and would have done so in a heartbeat (pun intended?��). I have so many members of my extended family here in the Bay Area that own a Tesla that I have no doubt I'll be very happy with the MX. I would have had no qualms about purchasing this car pretty much sight unseen just based on what was known about it right from the start. I would/could pay the entire balance upfront and again, would in a heartbeat if it had been an option or would have expedited the process.
Hell, everyone in my family already knows that I'm going to order mine with every creature comfort/upgrade available just as I have with the last 5 cars I've owned. So other than color, maybe for me configuring is irrelevant in some respects. I just don't care about the Signature red color. I have a preference for blue. ��
Anyway, if there was a way to have done that, I wish I'd known or, in other words, been paying attention because I would have done so. I'd be much closer to having my Tesla MX. An electric SUV with the highest safety ratings - the best of all (car) worlds as far as I'm concerned.
At this point though, it's going to be quite some time before I'm invited to design/configure much less see mine. I'm somewhere over #15k but less than 20k in the reservation line.
Patiently impatient awaiting my MX. Or is that impatiently patient?
Hang in there! We are all impatiently waiting!
julesr, great first post and intro! welcome to the madness of this joint
I am a Signature in the high 80's and got my invitation to configure tonight. Looks like they are working down the list.
Time to make my decision to buy or to pass.
I originally put in the reservation for the AWD, but now I get that with my P85D. The P85D gives me everything I want in acceleration and winter traction. With my youngest out of college and in his mid 20's, the Model S is a too big for me, and the X would be way too big. For towing my few light trailers, my "real" SUV's do great. I have need of "real" SUV's for off-road, almost tractor applications in both Boulder and Pagosa, which the Model X as a CUV will never be able to do. The Toyota FJ in Boulder and the Jeep Cherokee in Pagosa as real SUV's do great at that. The 2" receiver hitch in the back of the X is interesting, but I can't imagine mounting a Pintle Hook/2" ball hitch to the front bumper of the X like my SUV's have, and need, for my tasks.
I'm going to sleep on it, but I'm strongly leaning towards the pass choice. I guess this will let everyone else move up a notch...