Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your next smartphone going to be?

What Type of smartphone are you buying this year?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your picture seems to be missing Windows Mobile devices, especially the ones using 3.5" QVGA and VGA displays. They would probably appear on the right side, placed right before the iPhone, making the iPhone more evolutionary than revolutionary.

I pulled the pic from the web. I recall owning a color flip phone I had from Samsung that I loved and that was something different. That had a VGA screen. After that, I jumped to the iPhone because of what it offered and we had already bought an iMac by then. Not remembering the phones you probably owned that must have been better than the flip phone I had, I used the words "revolutionary" & "technology" which has caused a few of you to react. I still think the iPhone changed the way we use cell phones. For me, it was revolutionary and I'll leave it at that. Everyone, enjoy your next phone, whatever it might be.
Going back to what the OP asked, my next phone will be the iPhone 6.

Next phone will be an iPhone 6 (probably). I say probably, because it really will come down to whatever the latest version is when I do something irreversible to my iPhone 5s. It's inevitable. I drop it in water, over a cliff, something. And then I have to replace it. I'm guessing it will be several months before that happens, but you never know.

And I replace it with another Apple product not because I've evaluated it against all other offerings, but because I really like interoperability between all my devices. And those all happen to be Apple devices. And one less thing to deal with is priceless.

I'm getting Z2. Next, probably another high-end Android. Tried iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 5, 5c and 4S (I also had PowerBook 140), but every time, I was disappointed...

- difficult to edit text
- makes sound even in silent mode (maybe turn off Siri?)
- voice recognition doesn't work in Japanese
- voice recognition button placed next to "switch IME" button which I use a lot mixing Japanese and English
- software keyboard doesn't have periods and commas
- volume control is not "per app"; I have an app that use the max volume. When I watch YouTube I always get max volume, which I always need to min volume
- Apple map doesn't do traffic, and many apps can't work with Google Maps

So I still don't know why I keep buying iPhones. Maybe I'm too stupid!

Yeah I'm debating between getting the iPhone 6 4.7" or 5.5". What are you guys planning to get?

5.5"

Real estate on the screen is key.

I found out that I am using my 'phone' mostly for other things than communicating by voice. It's my always on, always with me computer and internet front end. Tablet even better at home, but too big for my shirt pocket. Might need new shirt pockets for the 5.5".

I would agree with that then. I don't know that Apple's strength has ever been to be the first, but to take an idea and make it better. They didn't invent the mp3 player, smartphone, or tablet, but they took the ideas and made them different and better than what anybody else was doing. I'm not a fan of Apple's products, btw. :)

And smartphones seem to have killed decent mp3 players. My wife's Creative Zen's earphone socjet is going and I'll need to help her replace it. Compact, long battery life, decent sound quality. Now have to decide what she has to give up.

5.5"

I found out that I am using my 'phone' mostly for other things than communicating by voice. It's my always on, always with me computer and internet front end. Tablet even better at home, but too big for my shirt pocket. Might need new shirt pockets for the 5.5".

Yeah I'm leaning toward the 5.5" one. I've been squinting too long on my 4" iPhone 5.

5.5"

But I have been told that the 5.5" will be released some months after the 4.7" Iphone 6. (Read December). Isn't this true?

I pulled the pic from the web. I recall owning a color flip phone I had from Samsung that I loved and that was something different. That had a VGA screen. After that, I jumped to the iPhone because of what it offered and we had already bought an iMac by then. Not remembering the phones you probably owned that must have been better than the flip phone I had, I used the words "revolutionary" & "technology" which has caused a few of you to react. I still think the iPhone changed the way we use cell phones. For me, it was revolutionary and I'll leave it at that. Everyone, enjoy your next phone, whatever it might be.
Going back to what the OP asked, my next phone will be the iPhone 6.

That is more of Job's reality distortion field.

lg-ke850-prada.jpg

and

E-TEN InfoTouch G500+ Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

and

Fujitsu-Siemens RPDA N560e Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

What Apple is credited for is making the first phone with multitouch and making smartphones popular with average people. Cause prior, people would ask me why in the world would I want a phone that is a computer and run apps and that phones are only for making phone calls. 10 year later, I probably should get back to them and see what they think now.

I can imagine how 10 years from now people will see EVs vs today.

Not that it matters what phone I might buy, but I have had the Galaxy Note 3 for a few months now. I love being able to see the display, which is twice the iPhone's area. It fits in my pockets, all of them. It fits in the inside handle area of the Model S and is not noticeable. I have had no "issues" with software, of any kind. I have had no issues at all. I couldn't see buying the Galaxy S5 over the Note 3.

As to cost, Nissan paid me for an interview on "Why I Bought a Tesla" several months ago (Thanks, Nissan!) and I used their generous reward to buy a new smart phone. Of course, I could have bought an iPhone with the money. Either way, I think that if you can get a free gift, that's the way to go.

I have tried Apple, and I just don't get it. I can't see that it is any better, or any worse. I have tried it several times over the years (decades) and I never could figure out what was so wonderful, though I am sure many of you would be happy to share your opinions. My feeble mind seems to understand android. The people that I know that buy apple seem to buy it because "all the doctors" have one, or "all the other kids have one". Then I run my video on my 5 1/2 inch screen. Well, to each, as they say.

I never would have even needed a smart phone of any kind until I found that my car wanted one. Up til then, it was text and phone only. So, it wasn't that I'm smart. It's the car. But I sure like my phone, too.

iPhone 6+. Had a 5 and lots-o-problems with it. First Apple product I have ever had that happen. I bought a Galaxy S5. I HATE it! Lovely piece of tech, but the software is somewhere between Windows ME and Vista. Going back to iOS. Much more stable and predictable. I'm pissed because now I have to figure out how to cheat the system so that i don't have to practically 1,000 to get it, based on contract this and that.

'nuf said!