Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess I’m the odd one then... most people appear to be stepping up to M3 price wise anyway ... not too many coming from a sportscar .

I suspected this. a lot of my tuning buddies wouldn't ever go for an electric vehicle. they enjoy the sounds of motors and such. I really enjoyed test driving the Model 3 RWD SR+. it handled QUITE well. very well balanced. I just wished it had far less body roll. it had the body roll of a toyota camry.

My previous car was a Nissan Leaf... but before I had a kids I was into the whole import tuning scene with Nissan Sentra SE-R turbos and Subaru WRX. The TM3 is the best of both worlds so far, hopefully it proves to be reliable over the long term.

I don't remember if I already answered the question. My Model 3 replaced two cars. Immediately when I bought it it replaced my 2010 2.5 non-Sport Very Orange Roadster. The Roadster was more fun to drive. The Model 3 is much more practical and is a safer car. And EAP is the bee's knees. It's so much more relaxing to drive. The Model 3 is about one second slower 0-60 than the Roadster, but it's still plenty quick for merging and passing. (The P3D is quicker than the Roadster, but I just have the LR RWD.)

I kept the Prius at the time because I wanted to make sure the Model 3 would work out, and it's good I did because I ended up moving to Maui. I spent five months here in a rented condo while I searched for a house and decided whether island life was for me or not. The condo had no place to plug in an electric car and there are no superchargers here. So I shipped the Prius over for the winter. Once I bought my house I shipped the Model 3 here and I sold the Prius. So a year after buying the 3, it replaced the Prius.

The Prius was very advanced technology when I bought it. It was a dinosaur when I sold it. It was a very reliable car, though.

I replaced my 2003 Toyota Corolla LE in indigo blue with 248K miles with a SR+. Actually, I didn't even think I could afford an M3 but a friend pointed me to the Fed and State grants so I looked and analyzed everything that could be available to me. I was surprised as I was able to get over $18,000 in free money to get my M3. The deal was sweetening when someone rear ended my parked Corolla and they decided to pay me over a grand to fix it!!!

Naturally, I ordered the blue color again. My net cost of owning this M3 SR+ is only $27K. I financed $20K with APR of 3.24% and I intend to pay off as much as possible when my Fed & State rebates come in.

Too bad people can't buy more M3 with this grant as Tesla is on "probation." Long story....

• Funny
Reactions: jfinephilly
I suspected this. a lot of my tuning buddies wouldn't ever go for an electric vehicle. they enjoy the sounds of motors and such. I really enjoyed test driving the Model 3 RWD SR+. it handled QUITE well. very well balanced. I just wished it had far less body roll. it had the body roll of a toyota camry.

Sway bar upgrades are cheap and easy to dial in what you like for body roll.

2009 Mini Cooper 2-door hardtop
mini.jpg