Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I replaced my 760 rwhp 2008 Pontiac G8 GT for my 680 rwhp 2013 Camaro ZL1 which I replaced for my Model 3 Performance and I don't regret it one bit.
858513_509468269105979_891235739_o.jpg
51341367_2566487583380033_3045097478895435776_n.jpg

Reactions: jayk82
My wife misses her Leaf. We sold it when we got the Model 3 Performance. She points them out to me while we are driving. She likes the smaller size and the height of the Leaf better....
The only two cons I had with my Leaf was:
1. Butt ugly on the exterior, mostly with the bug eyes headlights (this has changed a couple years ago)
2. Battery storage small (again this has now changed).

I had a total of 6 years diving them (two different 3 year leases with zero down and $210/month). What I appreciated with both cars was there was zero issues with them the entire time. Literally plug and play, which is more of my personal preference (too old to be doing any work on them myself).

I can't begin to list all the quality issues we have had in the last 1 to 2 months with both SR+ we purchased. Every night I hate coming home because my wife will tell me some new issue with her car. We both have owned various cars over the last 40+ years and never have we experienced so many issues that need to be fixed with a brand new car.

2011 Jaguar XF Premium with the glorious 5.0l V8 and incredibly premium leather interior and super quiet ride.

But once I learned about the dreaded timing chain issues, I sold one of them to get a Mercedes GLC300 for the wife and the other one to get my M3 LR AWD.

I had a total of 6 years diving them (two different 3 year leases with zero down and $210/month). What I appreciated with both cars was there was zero issues with them the entire time. Literally plug and play, which is more of my personal preference (too old to be doing any work on them myself).

I can't begin to list all the quality issues we have had in the last 1 to 2 months with both SR+ we purchased. Every night I hate coming home because my wife will tell me some new issue with her car. We both have owned various cars over the last 40+ years and never have we experienced so many issues that need to be fixed with a brand new car.

I agree, same with us also. Other than the battery degradation, our 2012 Leaf was trouble fee. Nissan didn't even charge us for tire rotations during the 6 years of ownership. Fit and finish was also excellent and much better than our Model 3...

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
We have a 2010 Ford Fusion that I used to use to commute... I got a P3D- and my kids will use the Fusion since they are starting drivers.

We also have a 2016 Kia Sorrento. (Which is quieter, and the automatic cruise control is a little more predictable... but I would still rather drive the Tesla on any long trips when we don't need lots of space :) )

Had been carless for 11 years since my last high school hooptie '98 Chevy Cavalier before picking up my M3 LR RWD.

After moving to Seattle, it's lackluster public transportation finally convinced me i needed a car and I couldn't bring myself to buy an ICE after going w/o a car for so long. The only EV that fit my lifestyle going out to the mountains often was a Tesla.

Reactions: kpedraja