Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What, no real-time satellite view? [Ironic Humor]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our son dropped in to visit us for a couple of weeks and borrowed my wife's car this morning, so when my wife decided to attend a morning yoga class, she needed to take my M3.

She has hundreds of miles of driving experience on the highway in the car, but only recently has she done any local driving and we both agree that having her know how to manage the car in an emergency is important.

But after she left the house, I thought, "hey, doesn't the app have the ability to find my car?" So I looked at my phone and watched T-Red merrily driving to Yoga class. When it neared the destination parking lot, I zoomed in with the satellite view to watch the car entering the lot, and drive in a lot for little ways and finally turn into an empty parking spot. But wait, she parked SO CLOSE to that car next to her!
Stelliete.png

It was only then I realized I wasn't looking at a real-time view from the friendly satellite-cam. LOL. Being a Tesla owner starts to make you take a LOT for granted in what can happen with Tech these days...

I like it when I see my husband's car enter underground parking at work and it looks like he's driving through the office building (of course I know better) searching for a spot; less when he's navigating the levels of a multi-tiered parking garage. At those locations frequently signal will be lost.

I've seen him "park" on top of other cars on my phone app.

I like being able to see where my car is when it is at the Service Center, at least before they start to work on it and shut off access. I can see where it is parked, and if it is "out back" behind the building, at least I know they are not working on it. At least once, they failed to shut off access, and I could see it was inside the shop. Pretty cool!

• Funny
Reactions: Rick71
Haha, maybe with spacex and Starlink like system we might get update in real time. I love Tesla as I often forget where I park in huge parking lots. This helps me find it with ease. Soon? Summon will bring car to me :)

If SpaceX are not putting cameras on their starlink sats for real time video feeds they are missing a big thing! I doubt we'd get decent enough resolution for car park spaces but who knows (thats dependant on the lens size)