Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What NOA needs to get to FSD on the highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can only give you my personal experience. I was on a 6 lane highway. And yes, I agree that it is generally best to be in the leftmost lane if you are going fast and you don't have an exit to take. But my concern is how will NOA move over, across 2 or 3 lanes to take an exit, when there is traffic in all the lanes and you are only 1 mile from your exit? Maybe NOA can do it but it makes me nervous to try. I wish NOA would move me over 3 miles before my exit.

Weird. My NOA has the exact opposite behavior (on both a Model S and a Model X). And, it's had this behavior since NOA was activated.

It always* gets to the rightmost lane at least 3 miles before exiting (and sometimes more than 2 exits before my exit).

* It mysteriously doesn't follow this rule when it's in a limited-access HOV lane. In that case, it waits until the very last possibility to exit the HOV lane and then it aggressively moves across traffic to exit the freeway.

• Helpful
Reactions: diplomat33
Weird. My NOA has the exact opposite behavior (on both a Model S and a Model X). And, it's had this behavior since NOA was activated.

It always* gets to the rightmost lane at least 3 miles before exiting (and sometimes more than 2 exits before my exit).

* It mysteriously doesn't follow this rule when it's in a limited-access HOV lane. In that case, it waits until the very last possibility to exit the HOV lane and then it aggressively moves across traffic to exit the freeway.

In my experience, it leaves the HOV lane 3+ miles before the exit, too.

Yes, it's sad that Tesla missed their EAP/FSD deadlines, especially for those early AP2 owners. I've said it a million times that I empathize with Model S AP2 owners who jumped on board in late 2016 super excited and expecting a FSD car and 3 years are still waiting.

I am realistic in my expectations. I know Tesla misses deadlines. But why would you wish me to become a miserable old cynic too?

As I said, I’m not sad. Nor am I a miserable old cynic. I don’t expect or wish you to become one either. Learning about life events can be surprisingle rewarding. I am happy I know Tesla better these days and can apply my knowledge into my decisions. I try to contribute accordingly.

It is Tesla that has become sad. I am just noting what I perceive as reality.
By the way: When I say sad, I mean it is sad Tesla has stooped this low. I am not personally ”sad”, this is all very neutral hindsight — or even a positive thing by now — on my part personally. My eyes are wide open about Tesla and I for one am glad they are. Better to know than not know, that’s the positive part. Lesson learned.

We as in not including you, right ? You joined TMC only last year - so I'm assuming you bought a Tesla recently.

I bought my Model X in 2016 (EAP+FSD).