Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw, door dash just filed to go public. Among other things, their balance sheet is quite ... stout for a startup. $1.6B in cash.

upload_2020-11-14_8-24-13.png

Looking forward, medicine is likely to become less tied to physical doctors' offices and to particular hospitals. Vital signs can increasingly be monitored from the home, and robotic surgeries (am aware of DaVinci machines by Intuitive Surgical - ISRG) are starting to be performed remotely. So, if you need surgery, it may in the future not be necessary to travel to a big-name hospital for the very best care. Instead, you'd consult with surgeons remotely, then check into a local hospital with the necessary surgical robot which would be operated by your top-notch surgeon from across the country.

A one-datum anecdote here: I had an unexpected date with DaVinci earlier this year (my dates are always unexpected, alas).

My sobersided review of the equipment: Wow!

Prior such surgeries, dating back to the 1980s, have left my lower torso an Interstate Highway map wonder (or maybe Suez + Panama + Erie + Kiel Canals....), and my recuperations had been exceedingly painful and very, very long, drawn-out affairs.

My response to the morning-after obvious question was, and I quote myself: "I feel as though I did a couple too many situps". That was it! And I sported four BandAid-sized incisions, nothing more. So, I was pretty darned impressed, and even happy.

Except for also catching COVID-19 at the hospital, but DaVinci had nothing to do with that.

My EV bus manufacturer, GP, is finally getting some market love. Up 17% today. You can still buy it at less than what I paid for my average weighted stock price of it. Here’s an over the top hype article just published about it, but the article does have real numbers in it. This Tiny Electric Bus Maker is Positioned to Soar 40X

What other tech, uh.. I mean Pot Stock to consider?

Some time ago I bought three. ACB was a complete bust, I'm out and pretending it never happened. SMG (Scott's Miracle Grow) has been very good and IIPR (Innovative Industrial Properties) has been amazing.

IIPR is the one I want to talk about though because despite such a great run up, I think it's still undervalued. The company is an REIT that buys grow operations and leases back to the owners. This is a good arrangement because the owners need capital which they can't get from banks due to the Federal status of cannabis.

IIP is growing revenue and profits at a very fast pace and they're doing it with minimal debt. Their balance sheet really looks terrific. Legalization is going to continue to roll out over the next 5 to 10 years and IIP probably won't face serious competition until the Feds legalize. I think there's still massive growth ahead with revenues and profits continuing to grow exponentially.

Is there something I'm missing here or did I find a gem in the rough?

What other tech, uh.. I mean Pot Stock to consider?

Some time ago I bought three. ACB was a complete bust, I'm out and pretending it never happened. SMG (Scott's Miracle Grow) has been very good and IIPR (Innovative Industrial Properties) has been amazing.

IIPR is the one I want to talk about though because despite such a great run up, I think it's still undervalued. The company is an REIT that buys grow operations and leases back to the owners. This is a good arrangement because the owners need capital which they can't get from banks due to the Federal status of cannabis.

IIP is growing revenue and profits at a very fast pace and they're doing it with minimal debt. Their balance sheet really looks terrific. Legalization is going to continue to roll out over the next 5 to 10 years and IIP probably won't face serious competition until the Feds legalize. I think there's still massive growth ahead with revenues and profits continuing to grow exponentially.

Is there something I'm missing here or did I find a gem in the rough?

Ya, the new trend is Mushrooms in Canada. Recreation drug stocks is something of a specialty of Canadian stock market and there's many talk of legalizing it now with Colorado being the first and Vancouver is kind of following the footstep. Now legal for people with depression without needing prescriptions.

Any thoughts on Hyliion? Their CEO is pretty solid, they have actual sales and their business plan seems good. It came out as a SPAC then took a beating. According to their 10q it’s intrinsic value is $20 per share. But potentially a solid growth story.

Any thoughts on Hyliion? Their CEO is pretty solid, they have actual sales and their business plan seems good. It came out as a SPAC then took a beating. According to their 10q it’s intrinsic value is $20 per share. But potentially a solid growth story.

A startup that is about to compete head to head against Tesla in the semi market? They might do well, but the odds are stacked against them give what Tesla is going to do.

I sort of punch myself for selling NIO ~ @$26 and earlier, but 5x - while not 10X is nothing to shake a stick at. At this point, those who are holding ( and there are many who bought in the $3-$7 ranges, I think our next target is $60... so stay frosty and have your plan. I started to scale when we got back to ~$11, but should have held those positions beyond $26..

I sort of punch myself for selling NIO ~ @$26 and earlier, but 5x - while not 10X is nothing to shake a stick at. At this point, those who are holding ( and there are many who bought in the $3-$7 ranges, I think our next target is $60... so stay frosty and have your plan. I started to scale when we got back to ~$11, but should have held those positions beyond $26..

I was selling calls against what I had, then sold half at high 40's for a bit over 2x gain. Selling short term calls against what is left in the $55-60 strikes, if it gets called away I probably am not going to re-enter unless it goes back down to low 40's. This looks like a stock that will act like Tesla 5 years ago, high expectations and possible big moves in valuation/risk plus swaying by hype and news cycle/trading. It will be interesting to see how this goes since there aren't any easily available aggregate data sources on the company like we have here with TSLA, so unless I'd be willing to spend copious amounts of time doing research best I can do is just assume it's gonna be volatile and have patience and willingness to walk away and wait if trades turn against me.

I don't think your moves were unreasonable and who knows, maybe you'll be able to re-enter at mid 20's although it doesn't look likely from here.

• Love
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
I was selling calls against what I had, then sold half at high 40's for a bit over 2x gain. Selling short term calls against what is left in the $55-60 strikes, if it gets called away I probably am not going to re-enter unless it goes back down to low 40's. This looks like a stock that will act like Tesla 5 years ago, high expectations and possible big moves in valuation/risk plus swaying by hype and news cycle/trading. It will be interesting to see how this goes since there aren't any easily available aggregate data sources on the company like we have here with TSLA, so unless I'd be willing to spend copious amounts of time doing research best I can do is just assume it's gonna be volatile and have patience and willingness to walk away and wait if trades turn against me.

I don't think your moves were unreasonable and who knows, maybe you'll be able to re-enter at mid 20's although it doesn't look likely from here.
Selling calls this year has been phenomenal no matter the stock

Reactions: dakh