Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clemson-Did you end up buying NAVB today? I bought 1000 more shares at 2.43, and in the after hours it was up 10% or more on the good results of the head and neck trials. In my experience, with small volume biotech companies the bounce in the after hours usually doesn't hold the next day to the same degree. Tomorrow I'd guess we see 2.45-2.50, but usually the after hours is an over reaction. Anyway, I flipped those shares in the after hours for 2.60.

edit: i should add that I'm not selling my position, only the shares i picked up this morning because it was so ridiculously low. With the head and neck data, that should provide for expanded label for lymphoseek, which dramatically increases the market for Lymphoseek and I see it as a tremendously good thing. I just don't have the margin ability to hold this many shares long term.

I didn't, but now I wish I did. Glad to hear more positive news coming from their direction :)

Firstly, THANK YOU to the clever investors on this thread. I've followed some of the advice here and so far-- no complaints! :smile:
I would greatly appreciate your thoughts/input regarding a green company I invested in some time ago for a lot of the same reasons why I was initially attracted to TSLA. In fact-- almost ALL the reasons why I'm a TSLA fan can also be applied to this company.

The company makes a green alternative to synthetic motor oil and also cleaners-- which first caught my eye when some were used to clean up the BP oil spill in the gulf. They also recently were approved for the federal procurement list but that has also failed to ignite the stock.

Symbol is GETG and here's their investor page: http://www.getg.com/getg_nasdaq.php#filings

My initial buy-in was at .40/share but my holdings average at .22/share now, which is well below recent trades. Unfortunately, my brokerage was merged with another and liquidating the position (assuming I decided too) would be much more complicated now. I honestly thought the stock would have either gained traction by now and/or been bought out by a larger multinational. I can afford to be patient but am really beginning to wonder if my aspirations for this company were misplaced.

Recommendations?

What is up with NAVB taking a hit while the rest of the market comes out the slump? You'd think with the positive news recently that the stock price would atleast hold strong...

Today a "secret"filing, I think about lease terms, was uncovered. I don't think it's a big deal, I grabbed a few more shares. My take is that while there's ridiculous short interest and the market is in panic/bounce mode, the short sellers will be in control moving this around.
Here's the text:

UNITED STATES
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
October 11, 2013
ORDER GRANTING CONFIDENTIAL TREATMENT
UNDER THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
File No. 001-35076 - CF#30147
Based on representations by Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. that this information qualifies as confidential commercial or financial information under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. 552(b)(4), the Division of Corporation Finance has determined not to publicly disclose it. Accordingly, excluded information from the following exhibit(s) will not be released to the public for the time period(s) specified:
Exhibit 10.1 through September 30, 2021
For the Commission, by the Division of Corporation Finance, pursuant to delegated authority:
Elizabeth M. Murphy
Secretary

Yeah, in hindsight it would have been better for Crede to have contracted 15 million in NAVB shares directly from the company and $15 in shares on the open market rather than 30 million in shares directly from the company. Crede bought 30 million for 2.84 just a week or two ago and I believe to make an investment of that magnitude directly from the company, they must have been privy to the company's books, and I think that says to me that 2.30 is way undervalued.

Here's what someone else said that makes sense:
it's regarding the Sept 5th filed 8K which was on NAVB's new lease (edit: lease for new building in ohio). So they are just keeping the lease terms confidential which I am sure is needed per the leasing company not wanting other tenants to know what terms they gave NAVB vs NAVB caring about it. The leasing company cares but not NAVB, necessarily.
C T order stays in effect until 9-30-21

Last edited:
OLED (PANL) has been under attack from shorts lately in regards to the strength of their patent portfolio and today some of their patents got reaffirmed by the European Patent Office, altough they did narrow the scope of the patent down a little.
What do you guys think about this? Will this trigger a breakout in the stock, as it to me seems like a nail in the coffin for the latest short attacks? Or is the part about narrowing the scope of the patent a bigger deal than what it sounds like?

Thank you for you input!

Source http://finance.yahoo.com/news/european-patent-office-issues-decision-224900353.html

Not my favorite stock although I did make money riding volatility at one point. Got in around 20 missed opportunity at 60 but smart enough to exit at 45. Reasons I would not consider a but
1. Almost exclusively one customer , samsung. Lg does use but has never negotiated long term contract
2. Despite not having blue down yet they engaged in stock buy back to boost share price which as usual failed to do anything. When a growth company cannot figure out what to do with money and only way they can think to boost value is stock buy back, watch out. Imagine tesla doing that now
3. Raised secondary offering without a clue what to spend money on. They ultimately used the funds to buy back stock and to buy Fuji patent portfolio that years later hasn't yielded any commercially viable product
4. Inept management had their "clock" cleaned by samsung. They negotiated deal not based on number of phones/tablets like they were previously paid but a buy early fee and cost of materials. Then samsung starts using someone else's red an produces twice the phones with half the material
5. Other product tv is not ready for prime time. Still costs 15000 for a set with in my opinion minimal improvement from led
6. Lighting years off. Doesn't use standard fixtures and will be more expensive to change fixtures unlike led lighting even if bulbs cost the same
7. I believe it was about a year ago they missed horribly on earnings, supposedly a surprise to all but price action in incredibly down with large volume for a week. News obviously out and rather than pre announce to level field they screed many (thank god I was out by then)
go in at your own peril

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry meant to type samsung with biannual fee and material cost
an earlier post by me. my argument was not relying on the patent fight so i believe it still stands. there will be a rise but i do not believe this to be a long term hold. enter at your own risk of course.

Held NAVB and ONVO a couple months. Sold them, didn't make any money. Took too long for me to see any rewards (if any). Went into solar instead (see our alternative energy thread). Much much more fun there and the party is just getting started.

Anyway, for those considering Twitter. It's a high profile IPO so I would personally wait a month before buying unless you can buy and sell new issues the day of.

Twitter Succeeding Where Facebook Failed - Forbes

an earlier post by me. my argument was not relying on the patent fight so i believe it still stands. there will be a rise but i do not believe this to be a long term hold. enter at your own risk of course.

I have the exact same considerations and worries but I still think there is huge potential should they figure out just half of the mentioned topics. The uncertainty is huge and it is a gamble, but a gamble im willing to take right now untill any other news comes out. Thanks for your input!

Held NAVB and ONVO a couple months. Sold them, didn't make any money. Took too long for me to see any rewards (if any).

I've held ONVO for about a year now, it's tripled in value - but my expectation is that it will either be wildly successful in about 10 years or I'll lose most of it. It's definitely a 'buy and forget about it for awhile' stock. The real value (to me) is in the pharmaceutical clinical trial play. We'll see. Definitely a side gamble, but a fun one to watch.