Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked about COTE and didnt get a response last week here. The technology seems interesting and i think it will play out well in the industrial sector. Bought in to them today, 10,000 shares, no big deal at this price. Fun speculative play. They announced a possible 1.5bill backing from China so i figure i will play and see if they get it. 1.5Bill deal for a 15mill company, that is a boost. If their tech does prove to work i would expect some big name, maybe Caterpillar, to buy them out and use their tech.

Just for fun, I ran some numbers on the first four pages worth of stock suggestions. The following lists the ticker, date mentioned in this thread + corresponding price that day and then today's price.

TickerOrig. datePriceTodayPriceG/L
ONVO11-JUL-13$5.2503-JAN-14$11.01109.7%
CREE
11-JUL-13$69.2303-JAN-14$62.50-9.7%
SSTK11-JUL-13$60.1703-JAN-14$84.8541.0%
ENPH11-JUL-13$7.9103-JAN-14$6.81-13.9%
YELP12-JUL-13$39.4003-JAN-14$67.6371.6%
DDD12-JUL-13$47.9503-JAN-14$96.39101.0%
SSYS12-JUL-13$92.3203-JAN-14$136.3547.7%
NFLX12-JUL-13$257.2603-JAN-14$364.3541.6%
GWRE15-JUL-13$45.4703-JAN-14$48.386.4%
NUAN18-JUL-13$19.1403-JAN-14$15.34-19.9%
CY19-JUL-13$12.5703-JAN-14$10.41-17.2%
LQMT21-JUL-13$0.1303-JAN-14$0.16728.5%
BTC21-JUL-1391.9903-JAN-14866.3841.7%
Some pretty interesting results. Maybe it was just the overall market, but a large number of these suggestions actually seem to be doing fairly well. Looks like any 3-D Printing company and Bitcoin would have been the best bet overall. YELP also saw a fairly big jump soon after predicted by the original poster.

I hope everyone did well!

I've been happy with my mid-Sept buy of GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT; p. 14 of this thread): $6.88 then; $9.32 this afternoon = +35% over 3.5 months. It popped after Apple announced it was funding a sapphire glass manuf. site for GTAT; investors should, IMO, reconcile themselves with the likelihood of this close to monopsonistic set-up for its most important (though NOT sole) product.

Of course the one ER i dont play this entire year on all my stocks is the one that would of payed off. Well done to those that did. I expected this beat but i got killed last quarter and couldnt pull myself to play this quarter.

EPS of 0.77 compared to street of 0.44
There was one person with a 75cent EPS, i am going to have to look at that guy and see what his previous history on MU has been like, he almost nailed it.

Now lets just hope the CC doesnt screw stuff up like usual.
Currently up 6$ at 23.05

Last edited:
Of course the one ER i dont play this entire year on all my stocks is the one that would of payed off. Well done to those that did. I expected this beat but i got killed last quarter and couldnt pull myself to play this quarter.

EPS of 0.77 compared to street of 0.44
There was one person with a 75cent EPS, i am going to have to look at that guy and see what his previous history on MU has been like, he almost nailed it.

Now lets just hope the CC doesnt screw stuff up like usual.
Currently up 6$ at 23.05

I bit the bullet and played the ER because the gain today. Glad it's playing out nicely. Now they are openly saying that one of the growth strategies is through acquisition. Interesting.

up 6$?? ... maybe tomorrow. :)

They will probably try and finish taking the last 10% of Inotera (they already own 100% of the profits) Then they will probably try and suck up the last remaining parts of Rexchip. I think after buying Elpida (who co-owned a bit of Rexchip with Micron) Micron now owns around 75% of Rexchip or something like that. I used to know it off the top of my head but i forgot now. Really that is all that is left on the memory market that i can see would be worth while. They cant exactly start buying up Samsung of Hynix, who are both larger then them ATM.

I would love to see them buy up Rambus, but those two hate each other and i dont see the RAMBUS guys giving into them any time soon. They will just sit back and collect their royalty checks form MU and Samsung until their tech is out of date and their patents are worthless then sell what is left of the company off. Majority owners of RAMBUS are going to laugh all the way to the bank doing nothing if they play their cards right.

nice to see it break through $23 there at the end of the CC.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and congrats Borat for playing it. I just couldnt get myself to do it after the beatings i took last quarter. I would hope to see MU at $30-35 a share by then end of the year. if they can keep steady on track for the year then with the PE of 20 we should see them into the $40s. The 233million to RAMBUS hurt the GAAP side and kept them at 30cents GAAP EPS for the quarter but i am confident that they can average that up over the coming quarters and get well into the $2s GAAP EPS for the year. I still see alot of people waving the non-GAAP $3-3.5 EPS flag, and it could happen if they keep this non-GAAP 77cent EPS run going.

I personally am more interested in the GAAP number as they continue to pay down debts and pay for Elipda. As long as the Yen to $ keeps weak, MU is going to make off like bandits.

Last edited:
I'd stay away from shorting a pharma or biotech stock. Far far away. Too many stories out there about how the little guy became the big guy overnight because of one little miracle. Amgen. Genentech. ... could fill this page.

Of course, there are plenty to fill this page that did a face plant, too. But unless you know something negative about the drug that is "showing promise", I wouldn't touch it.

High probability of another double-digit % break-out in PLUG tomorrow afternoon/friday. Plug Power Inc. (via noodls) / Plug Power to Host Conference Call and Webcast on January 16, 2014 to Provide Business Update

I believe this is an intriguing opportunity to take some anti-Tesla BS money off the table in the form of getting in before and getting out either side of the interim guidance event linked above.

Plug have just completed a capital raise and there is much talk of an unprecedented order book that is fundamentally out of step with the previous several years of trading. For example Fedex just placed an order for their fuel cells to show off as range extended delivery vehicles. This is without doubt as a result of the fossil fuel industry / Toyota starting to hype Hydrogen Fuel Cells as a clean and green alternative power source again. First time that has happened in earnest since the days of Who Killed the Electric Car. Back then PLUG traded in a near vertical ascent to $150. (BLDP the same up to $129). After the GM EV1 disappeared the stock crashed to pennies. Lately the PLUG is back on the radar at the $3 to $4 level coinciding with Toyota unveiling their FCV at CES. I have bought a bunch of calls in anticipation of this jumping to $5 or $6 by the weekend on the news.

The call tomorrow (Thursday 16th January) will be ultra bullish for PLUG without question. I see this as an asymmetric pump and dump scheme. i.e. Let them pump.

Thanks for the Tip Julian. I disregarded the that bit of new about the call, but it makes sense of it almost being like a CC after and ER. People are going to get some news and we could be in for a nice jump. I bought a couple Jan $4 for fun just to play that call tomorrow. Not expecting the world, but its a fun play with some spare house money from the TSLA run yesterday.