Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have mentioned it to you all before but alcoa tearing it up. From when I bought options price 8.00. Used leaps and today it broke 11. Have doubled money in 3 months. "Bad report" a week ago was just getting old write offs off the books. Very smart management. I thought tesla would lead the way to more aluminum cars and add value but the company gets more than half their profit from what they do with the aluminum not in making it. If aluminum prices come back, and I suspect they will as more car companies utilize aluminum, this will continue to climb
Oh well I give up. Have now tripled my investment after today's move on aa. Guess no interest here

Oh well I give up. Have now tripled my investment after today's move on aa. Guess no interest here

don't give up completely- I'm probably not to alone in that I've followed your posts on this and initiated some research- AA has long been out of the realm of investments for me personally, but I get the connection.
I'm not sure I'll make a play at these levels, but I'm watching (just speaking for myself here)

Chicken, please keep posting re: AA. I have been a long time holder and COMPLETELY timed it wrong with my options. Had long term leaps that didn't materialize, that recently expired. But I have also been holding long shares since before the crash, then doubled-down afterward. On paper, I don't know how it's even possible I messed up the leaps. I think I sold puts at 7 to buy calls at 10. But somehow, some way, wound up with nothing. But I'd be curious to know what your future moves are. I will hold my AA shares for the longterm, but am considering future options strategies.

Thanks.

Anybody playing NFLX's ER tomorrow? I bought small weekly 400 this morning during the dip for giggles and it was +40% at the end of the day. I'll close tomorrow since I'm not sure what they will announce. Hopefully, they will continue to post good results and disrupt the cable and tv/movie industries.

Anybody playing NFLX's ER tomorrow? I bought small weekly 400 this morning during the dip for giggles and it was +40% at the end of the day. I'll close tomorrow since I'm not sure what they will announce. Hopefully, they will continue to post good results and disrupt the cable and tv/movie industries.

looks like a good play if you held; Beat the estimates; up AH 1.5%;
nice play

Good call, Borat. I did't play with much, but traded a few shares in a non-taxable account--bought early today just shy of $330 and sold AH for over $380. Since I think the results are good it's likely that holding longer would have been wise (it's at $390 already) but I'm not as confident in Netflix's longer-term outlook so I took the decent gain and ran.

Good call, Borat. I did't play with much, but traded a few shares in a non-taxable account--bought early today just shy of $330 and sold AH for over $380. Since I think the results are good it's likely that holding longer would have been wise (it's at $390 already) but I'm not as confident in Netflix's longer-term outlook so I took the decent gain and ran.

Wow.. just wow! I sold my calls earlier today because I wasn't sure how they were going to do. I could have turned that 40% into 500%. *bang head against a well*

Right... No complaints here. I need to think about setting up another play for some mid quarter announcements as well as next ER when IV collapses tomorrow.

What prevents Netflix or Amazon from doing internet TV deals directly with content companies?

Right... No complaints here. I need to think about setting up another play for some mid quarter announcements as well as next ER when IV collapses tomorrow.

What prevents Netflix or Amazon from doing internet TV deals directly with content companies?

Nothing in theory, but the content cos get top dollar from cable for exclusivity. Those times are changing slowly, but by the time Netflix has it, so will Amazon, Apple, Google. When that happens, I'd guess Apple would be in an advantage there, but all will tend to have equal content eventually

Looks like Netflix jumped back up into its channel. Congrats to all who played the earnings.

I had a good short sell at 393.7 last night in after hours. It was quite nerve wracking overnight because i thought nflx might open at 404, but once it couldn't top the previous high of 395 it dipped down to 379 and I closed around 382. I think i'll stick to tesla for a while now.

Anyone else like T-Mobile (TMUS)? I picked up some 2016 LEAPS. Thinking of raising my stake.

I'm also beginning to think that Apple here is a no brainer. Larger screen iPhone's coming this year, the watch or watch like product coming this year, and possibly a TV set coming in 2015. Also gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling that Icahn is buying shares hand over fist. iPhone, in my opinion, is the best daily driver phone out. I think a lot of folks who had an early iPhone tried something else, but inevitably came back to the iPhone.

I'm also betting big on Facebook this year. Once they go mainstream with their video ads, they will be rolling in cash. Hopefully that will be sometime soon. For those not aware, the video ads are NOT intrusive; you can scroll right past them, and you need to tap it to hear sound.

Edit: forgot to mention Apple's mobile payment service which will likely be unveiled this or next year. Apple has by far the most credit card's on file of any company. They can leverage this by partnering with big retailers and allow for people to pay with just their smartphone, without the help of a cashier, etc. Apple stores are already doing this with iBeacon. It does taking some getting used to just picking up a product, paying for it on your smartphone, and walking out.

Last edited: