Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor What quality floor mat would you prefer?

What quality/price Model 3 floor mat would you prefer?

• Premium, THICK carpet at approx £150 a full set

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Quality, but less plush/thick carpet at approx £100 a full set

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AlternateFlux

Former Vendor
Jun 29, 2019
UK
So the samples for the RHD floor mats that I'm making are ready - and I wondered if you had any preferences?

Personally I want super-thick, hardwearing carpet with nice trim so am going to make myself a set of those... But what would everyone else (who are looking for RHD M3 floor mat options) prefer?

Reactions: Jez013 and davidmc
Regardless of which I'd prefer, my big triumph ace-esque feet are gonna mess up the carpets. Every car I've had has had serious wear marks after a year or so.

Based on that I'd go for the set that I'd feel comfortable replacing more often.

I've been assured that this luxury pile material has been designed explicitly for lots of wear and has been tested up to 250,000 times for scuffs/wear etc.

I was looking to place a heel-pad onto them, but my 'guy' has told me that I shouldn't need one.

Time will tell of course.

So the samples for the RHD floor mats that I'm making are ready - and I wondered if you had any preferences?

Personally I want super-thick, hardwearing carpet with nice trim so am going to make myself a set of those... But what would everyone else (who are looking for RHD M3 floor mat options) prefer?

Very interested in the premium, thick carpet - let me know when you're taking orders!

Reactions: 1 person
And...

Would people like all-black and elegant stitching or something contrasting and echoing the colour of the car (e.g. blue stitching across the edge of the mat for a blue car)?

I reckon I’d be most interested in classy plain black stitching.

Is your plan to bulk produce these or to make them to order? If the latter, perhaps you could have some limited options?

Reactions: Milky
I reckon I’d be most interested in classy plain black stitching.

Is your plan to bulk produce these or to make them to order? If the latter, perhaps you could have some limited options?

So it's looking like we're 50/50 (pretty much) on all of the options.

Mass producing/bulk is cheaper in the long run and lowers the costs to everyone, whilst made-to-order means that I don't have to outlay any money upfront but the end cost will be more expensive.

I was hoping this vote would help make the decision for me...

It hasn't :p

BUT for what it's worth - this is a 'silver/grey' stitch versus a black stitch on the slightly less plush carpet... I personally would just have everything plush and all black BUT this might look pretty slick in red and within a red car.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-06 at 19.21.40.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-06 at 19.21.40.png
    3 MB · Views: 142
  • Informative
Reactions: Jez013

I'm getting my P- later this week - the AWD's come with mats, so let me video/photo them for you then you can have a good comparison...

I'm not sure that the options are for Boot and Froot... are you considering those as well?
Something really handy I saw with a friend in the States, he had these plastic corners with velcro under them - you pretty much placed them anywhere on the boot mat - it would stick really well and prevent anything from sliding... even bulky suitcases... I'll be looking for some of those - not sure if they would "Stick" better to either of the two materials?