Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do with down payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well everyone,

I'm pretty close to saving up the down payment for the reservation on 2020 Roadster. I'm debating whether to put down my reservation now or wait until Tesla gets closer to building it.

It's currently invested in the stock market so the more I wait the more it will grow. But the longer I wait the more people will get in front of the line.

I'm leaning towards waiting. I'm guessing whoever wants a roadster has already reserved it anyway. Maybe there won't be too many new reservations until they start building.

What's your thought?

I've been thinking about this, since I haven't put in my deposit either. I don't think it's urgent right now. However. . .

I've got a feeling that Tesla may be hit with a flood of new orders after the first cars are delivered, when the reviews start coming in, and the videos on YouTube. Probably a good idea to beat that rush.

@CarlK

Would do so if guaranteed first batch delivery. I hope you are! When they were first announced, and I had the money, I would have pounced, as this is going to be the best automobile ever made. Not only is it literally capable of snapping necks, you can go 600 miles on one charge.

I can’t bring myself to do it knowing there may be no benefit, and as far as guaranteed returns, $50k in a high yield savings is 2.0% compounded daily, and that’s almost as much of a guarantee as the sun coming up if you use a reputable bank. By the time the Roadster comes out you may have netted better than an insignificant amount of change.