Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to expect when you're expecting (Australia Delivery Process)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At some random point an SA will email you introducing themselves as your SA, they could be anywhere.

You've got buckleys of getting anything helpful out of them with regards to the ETAs, expect the same kind of support as if you ordered a phone from Telstra.

Thanks mate. I called tesla and apparently they dont assign a dedicated SA anymore - they were having trouble when clients couldnt reach their dedicated SA which was slowing up progress, so they opened a 1300 number and now anyone can help anyone, rather than the 1:1 prior.

At some stage between 1 and 2 if you are stalking your source code you will see your Order_Status changed from ORDER_PLACED to BOOKED.

Some MYPs order in the Nov-Feb '23 tranche have had their order status changed 2 days ago to this.

Implication?? Best guess would be that it now has a a slot booked for an upcoming production line?? Not sure but it does seem to indicate some sort of movement closer and we can start stalking for a VIN in the coming weeks maybe/fingers crossed/could be wishful thinking.

At some stage between 1 and 2 if you are stalking your source code you will see your Order_Status changed from ORDER_PLACED to BOOKED.

Some MYPs order in the Nov-Feb '23 tranche have had their order status changed 2 days ago to this.

Implication?? Best guess would be that it now has a a slot booked for an upcoming production line?? Not sure but it does seem to indicate some sort of movement closer and we can start stalking for a VIN in the coming weeks maybe/fingers crossed/could be wishful thinking.
I hope so mate. My source code says “BOOKED” and I ordered RWD last month for delivery Feb-May ‘23. I’m rooting for all backlogged Feb/Mar M3s orders to be delivered in the next batch so I move up the queue!

Not to mention the people that ordered a M3 months before the Y became available. 7 months here.

Is it possible to delay delivery slightly?

My EDD shows Feb-May 2023. If by any miracle I am notified that my car is available before Feb (say December or Jan), is there a way to ask Tesla to delay delivery to Feb without having to go back in queue?

I was told by an SA recently that if you don't complete the purchase when Tesla have the car ready for you, they will cancel your order and give the car to someone else then take your deposit. They do give you a week or two near the EDD, but you cant delay or set a scheduled date weeks or months ahead.

Is it possible to delay delivery slightly?

My EDD shows Feb-May 2023. If by any miracle I am notified that my car is available before Feb (say December or Jan), is there a way to ask Tesla to delay delivery to Feb without having to go back in queue?
If you re-read your order agreement, that appears to be the binding contract for the purchase, you will notice this about assigned delivery date:
"You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. You agree that time is of the essence and if you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers."
This does mean you can delay it slightly, but no more than a week. If a SA will tell you that you cannot push it by a week, you can quote your contract and tell them to read your contract.
I dont know if there is any way to drop back more than a week or so without changing your order.

Is this in the source code (use: 'view source code' when in the 'manage' page, accessed from the dashboard), or one of the links on that page?

If I search source code for order_status I can't find that category, let alone if it is placed or booked

If I search source code for order_status I can't find that category, let alone if it is placed or booked
After logging in to your Tesla account visit this page which gives a data dump in json

1664673124767.png

This used to be a good way to find your hidden VIN too, but recently this has remained blank. If "year:" isn't blank then you should be able to find your VIN by searching the source code of your car's "manage" page.

After logging in to your Tesla account visit this page which gives a data dump in json

View attachment 859063

This used to be a good way to find your hidden VIN too, but recently this has remained blank. If "year:" isn't blank then you should be able to find your VIN by searching the source code of your car's "manage" page.

How did you get the JSON showing so nicely? Chrome extension or?

My M3 order status is showing as "Booked" and isNotMatchedToRa00Vin is showing as "false" however I don't appear to have a VIN yet.

Searching the source code I found "vin":"Parking Vehicle VIN".

Not sure if that is a good sign or not.

I was asked to complete the registration form yesterday, and EDD is 18 Oct to 1 Nov. However haven't received anything on VIN. Based on the steps listed, the car is not even built yet?
We are seeing changes to the delivery process that indicates that due to volume, Tesla appears to be decentralising the process with cars going to major cities rather than just Port Kembla/ Sydney and distributed from there as occurred in the past.
Possibly due to to these changes VINS are not always being allocated to accounts. I would ask when my invoice will be generated as this will have your VIN on it.

Haven’t, don’t have a pc. Website did say next step is VIN assignment. But not sure why EDD is given before VIN.
It's always been the case that there's a delay between the VIN being assigned in the background and the VIN being presented to you in the app/invoice - this may be because in rare cases they find they need to reassign you a different car at this point.