Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's better for resale.. PUP or more range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was dead set on the first production version and even saved it as my preference as soon as I could.

I had always had the bigger battery as the no-brainer priority option to get.
AWD was my 2nd highest ranked option but I'm not waiting for that.
then after adding it all up and sleeping on it....

I've changed my mind. I am choosing options over battery and I am going to (gulp) wait for the standard battery and I'm going to 'pimp it out' as they say.

This way I can comfortably add the PUP + wheels + red multi-coat... and even debate the EAP (enhanced auto-pilot) which I look at as the most Tesla-ish option to add to these Tesla cars if that makes sense. I'm out on full auto though.
Plus I'm seeing that more interior options might become available if I wait...I heard white is next (ugh?) ...I want tan.

Same exact situation here, planned long range and even saved first production as my option but reality is that I don't need that range and I'd rather get the upgraded wheels/rims, PUP, and EAP. I'd just never utilize that range and it's not work 9K to see a larger number on the display that won't be fully utilized. I travel long distance maybe once a year and Ill just deal with the extra stops. Question now for me is do I want to gamble the 3K for the FSD.

As far as resale down the road, I think it depends on the buyer but I'd tend to think both will hold decent value. The PUP is really essential to me at this price point.

Reactions: Justmurr
This way I can comfortably add the PUP + wheels + red multi-coat... and even debate the EAP (enhanced auto-pilot) which I look at as the most Tesla-ish option to add to these Tesla cars if that makes sense. I'm out on full auto though.
Plus I'm seeing that more interior options might become available if I wait...I heard white is next (ugh?) ...I want tan.
Sounds like you're getting almost the same car as me! Though, I might switch to the midnight silver, if it's greenish. The more I think about the fully autonomous driving, the more I want it. There are so many uses beyond just being lazy!