Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going to be at the 2014 NAIAS Tesla exhibit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
panasonic had a Model S on display at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week.

sorry, got here late. Anybody post the sched/time for Tesla's moment in the Detroit sun tomorrow?

Found It ! 11:50 - 12:15
man, if they have much to say, they better talk fast :tongue:

It's actually 11:40-12:05. Don't want you to be late in case you were planning to follow along live or something :smile:

panasonic had a Model S on display at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week.

The Model S was quite prominently displayed in their booth - they are clearly quite pleased to have their cells in it (and why wouldn't they want to have it there, it makes them look good).
It wasn't opened for public ingress/egress but I'm not surprised, Panasonic's booth was a madhouse like the rest of CES.

This is driving me crazy. I've got to stop reading and wait until tomorrow. If they announce an AWD Model S I'll be pretty annoyed as I was originally holding off my order until April, partly as my lease expires then but also as I was holding out hope that the rumours about AWD were true and it might be available by then. After hanging out on the TMC for a while I decided I wanted the car ASAP and moved up my order to February. Now I have a VIN number and I'm pretty excited that things are progressing - unless I find out that I missed the AWD by a month. Not sure if they would let me switch an order at this stage but if they did it would probably add a month or two onto my order which would be hard to swallow now. Anyway, looking forward to see what the announcement is. I didn't see any live feeds in the discussion - anyone find anything?

I don't know if there will be a live feed either, but hopefully we will eventually get any audio/video from the event. If there is no live feed, following along on twitter for any #Tesla updates might be the best bet.

This is driving me crazy. I've got to stop reading and wait until tomorrow. If they announce an AWD Model S I'll be pretty annoyed as I was originally holding off my order until April, partly as my lease expires then but also as I was holding out hope that the rumours about AWD were true and it might be available by then. After hanging out on the TMC for a while I decided I wanted the car ASAP and moved up my order to February. Now I have a VIN number and I'm pretty excited that things are progressing - unless I find out that I missed the AWD by a month. Not sure if they would let me switch an order at this stage but if they did it would probably add a month or two onto my order which would be hard to swallow now. Anyway, looking forward to see what the announcement is. I didn't see any live feeds in the discussion - anyone find anything?

Nothing yet. But I'm sure Tesla would send your car to service as a loaner. They'd love to make a higher dollar sale. I've heard of people upgrading but never downgrading.

I'd not be too excited. A friend of mine who ordered an S60 claims his 2014 Model S VIN that he got recently has a 2 in that spot and he definitely didn't order AWD. So some confusion in this mess ;)

Mario, You are raining on the parade :eek: (but I appreciate the info). Hope Elon has a couple surprises today at the press conference for all the faithful.

Did Tesla have a press conference at the auto show last year? Seems like it would be weird to have a press conference at the Detroit auto show and not introduce anything new.
I checked that on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLloom59Hpw

They talked about supercharging and the new Model X which had already been unveiled almost a year before that. Also Elon wasn't even there. So if these are just 2 regular Model S it wouldn't be unusual based on last year's show. I'm really hoping they don't do that this year though.

I have been looking for access to a live video feed from the NAIAS: I have not found anything. I contacted the person in charge of media there with that question: His reply:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the show itself does not do live streaming. However, most companies do live streaming of their own. The links can usually be found on their twitter and Facebook pages. Best of luck.

Ryan Rohatynski Account Executive
Rohatynski-Harlow Public Relations

111 N. Michigan Ave., Suite B
Howell, MI 48843
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 810-986-9321

I have been looking for access to a live video feed from the NAIAS: I have not found anything. I contacted the person in charge of media there with that question: His reply:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the show itself does not do live streaming. However, most companies do live streaming of their own. The links can usually be found on their twitter and Facebook pages. Best of luck.

Ryan Rohatynski Account Executive
Rohatynski-Harlow Public Relations

111 N. Michigan Ave., Suite B
Howell, MI 48843
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 810-986-9321

No idea if it works/will work, but found this "live webcast" through google.. maybe they'll be at the Tesla press conference. If not there seems to be lots of live bloggers.

WEBCASTS: Live reveals, interviews with industry experts during Press Days at Detroit Auto Show