Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going to be at the 2014 NAIAS Tesla exhibit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to curse you all.

May I make things a little worse for you? I got a call from T this morning in response to an email and I said “I know I can’t ask you about an AWD sedan” and the caller said something like “Yes, I cannot comment on that but you know the MX and MS are built on the same platform…” and some friendly banter about my own conclusions. Now it’s just a matter of when.

They're not going to whip out a vehicle at the last minute. Normally at these shows the vendors are required to have their vehicles in the building well in advance. They usually put down stuff to protect the floor, ensure the path is clear, take various saftey measures, etc. If it's not there now, it's not coming.

They're not going to whip out a vehicle at the last minute. Normally at these shows the vendors are required to have their vehicles in the building well in advance. They usually put down stuff to protect the floor, ensure the path is clear, take various saftey measures, etc. If it's not there now, it's not coming.

Plus you don't want all that exhaust filling the inside of the building if there are several cars driving around. :wink:

Do we know that the Model S on the floor isn't an AWD? The car being turned off and the frunk not open leaves it a mystery as far as I know. Also, Elon Musk has driven a Model S indoors at a few events. Can he drive in a Model X this time?

Good point, plus if they do a reveal outside they can show off the AWD in the snow!:wink:

Do we know that the Model S on the floor isn't an AWD? The car being turned off and the frunk not open leaves it a mystery as far as I know. Also, Elon Musk has driven a Model S indoors at a few events. Can he drive in a Model X this time?
I do find it odd that one of the cars (conveniently the one with the ski rack) is turned off and the frunk is locked. I don't think that would happen just by chance, especially at an auto show with rumors of an AWD model. Thats whats sort of giving me hope as the stock creeps lower and lower right now..
As for the Model X? I don't see that making an appearance now which is fine if we have an AWD Model S. The real treat will be if Elon mentions anything about a newer more powerful battery, but lets not get our hopes up.

I was thinking it would be so cool if they drove the Model X from the factory to the NAIAS but i am not sure if all of the Super Chargers are in place to get there. Also, if something bad happened on that trip it would not be good for the Model X.

It could probably be done at this point (particularly with a Tesla employee driving who is willing to drive 35 MPH for a stretch if need be), and it would definitely make headlines.

I do find it odd that one of the cars (conveniently the one with the ski rack) is turned off and the frunk is locked. I don't think that would happen just by chance, especially at an auto show with rumors of an AWD model. Thats whats sort of giving me hope as the stock creeps lower and lower right now..
As for the Model X? I don't see that making an appearance now which is fine if we have an AWD Model S. The real treat will be if Elon mentions anything about a newer more powerful battery, but lets not get our hopes up.

Pic's of the frunks would be great! But I doubt it because that would wake up whomever is sleeping in there ;)

Someone needs to go try and open the frunk...and depending on how hard that person is tackled by guys in black suits, sunglasses, and earpieces we can infer the odds of an AWD S announcement tomorrow! ;-)

Holding onto a glimmer of hope...deposit is ready and waiting in my bank account!

Someone needs to go try and open the frunk...and depending on how hard that person is tackled by guys in black suits, sunglasses, and earpieces we can infer the odds of an AWD S announcement tomorrow! ;-)

Holding onto a glimmer of hope...deposit is ready and waiting in my bank account!

Might be easier to use an iphone 5/5s with slow motion video on and scoot it across the floor from the left front quarter panel to the passenger side door. ;)

I think an AWD Model S would be a big deal for us crazies, but, for argument sake, not so much for the usual car enthusiast to casual observer. How many times have other companies come out with AWD versions of their cars (eg Lexus LS, Mercedes S class) and I've not really cared?

Having said that, the way the AWD will be implemented or if it allows this EV to go even faster, may certainly help continue the momentum for the company and stock. And I guess this is the main thing that matters at this point in the game.

I think an AWD Model S would be a big deal for us crazies, but, for argument sake, not so much for the usual car enthusiast to casual observer. How many times have other companies come out with AWD versions of their cars (eg Lexus LS, Mercedes S class) and I've not really cared?

Having said that, the way the AWD will be implemented or if it allows this EV to go even faster, may certainly help continue the momentum for the company and stock. And I guess this is the main thing that matters at this point in the game.

I think that depends on where you live. In PA at our local Bimmer dealer it's very hard to find a non X-Drive any time if the year.