Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going to be at the 2014 NAIAS Tesla exhibit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the press conference had no words about X or AWD S or batteries? While I'm happy that my portfolio is going thru the roof the little kid in me is left wanting. I'm going to clutch my X reservation tightly now...

Disco, think about it... the more the Model X is a step ahead of what the current Model S offers, the more Tesla needs to play things close to the vest until they can offer something similar in the Model S. Think about their sales model... as Bonnie said earlier, "available now" (or as close to it as possible), I think that's how Tesla has to unveil big updates in capability. They do not have some dealership they've sold last year's model to whose going to run their big "SUPER SUPER CLEARANCE SALE."

I here how the little kid is feeling, but I think he's going to end up with two cupcakes instead of just one for patiently waiting!

As weird as Elon can be when speaking, it's a tad awkward watching/listening to Jerome :(

I like Jerome. He did a great job today. Thank you TM for announcing 4th Q sales!!

Also......Look at what we have to look forward to: Model X unveiling, Giga factory announcement, AWD model S, Super model S, doubling of staff of the company.......There is another tsunami coming.

I totally agree with Bonnie...there will be an announcement about an AWD S within 3-4 months (I thought it would be today) and a Super S.

Last edited:
I wanted to post this because I spotted this in the press release and it was hillarious
http://www.teslamotors.com/about/pr...ue-expected-exceed-guidance-20-fourth-quarter

So you know you have some balls on a press release, when at the bottom you provide a youtube link to a search "Tesla Cold Weather" and be like... see? every single video in a general search says our car is amazing in the winter performance! haha! That's some serious balls.

Forget saying hey these few reviewers who said nice things about us says to buy our car, they just flat out said, go Google search our car, cause it kicks ass!

Elon Musk coming up live on CNBC at 4pm ET !!!!!!!!!

Have a look at the CNBC website in the top right corner.

Some good and bad from Elon on CNBC:
- Model X is about a year away from shipping, volume a few months after (vs. end of 2014 previously mentioned)
- Hoping to start sending MS to China in about a month, with deliveries in March (reaffirming timeline stated in Q3 call)
- Right hand drive ready in about April
- Model E timeline will be tied to gigafactory, which he will discuss in Q4 call next month (sounds like almost a certainty it will happen, in partnership with others)

Some good and bad from Elon on CNBC:
- Model X is about a year away from shipping, volume a few months after (vs. end of 2014 previously mentioned)
- Hoping to start sending MS to China in about a month, with deliveries in March (reaffirming timeline stated in Q3 call)
- Right hand drive ready in about April
- Model E timeline will be tied to gigafactory, which he will discuss in Q4 call next month (sounds like almost a certainty it will happen, in partnership with others)

Any chance for a video link on this one. I missed the notice here.

Also your wording on the model X, if that was how it was stated "about a year away" - could still fit in a few deliveries for December, since that is "about a year". Depends on which side of the "about" we are talking... because that could also mean February for the first one... hrmmmmm Why do you tease us so, Elon!

Also your wording on the model X, if that was how it was stated "about a year away" - could still fit in a few deliveries for December, since that is "about a year". Depends on which side of the "about" we are talking... because that could also mean February for the first one... hrmmmmm Why do you tease us so, Elon!
He said first deliveries start this time next year and then ramp up from there.

Edit: I swear I remember back before the S shipped that the X was going to be "about a year after" the S. It's closer to 3 years :)

Last edited:
He said first deliveries start this time next year and then ramp up from there.

Edit: I swear I remember back before the S shipped that the X was going to be "about a year after" the S. It's closer to 3 years :)

Whew! Since I am about to start a major house remodel (contractor is saying 8 months, but you know what that means) & the garage will come last (because much will be stored there), this will mean the garage will likely be ready for the new occupant when the time comes.

Whew! Since I am about to start a major house remodel (contractor is saying 8 months, but you know what that means) & the garage will come last (because much will be stored there), this will mean the garage will likely be ready for the new occupant when the time comes.

Use the pi factor when scaling contractor estimates to reality:

Real time = Contractor estimated time * pi