Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best Model S refresh front fascia option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the T-Sportline and it looks great! Spliced two wires into the emergency release and ran them to the tow hook cover and attached them using two sided tape. The wires are to be used with a 9 volt transistor battery in case the 12 volt car battery is dead so you can still pop the frunk to access the dead 12 volt battery. No need for any extra cable release.

This may be a dumb question...but is there any warranty or anything on these new front fascias? If it gets damaged I imagine you can't just take it to a normal shop or Tesla SC for repairs or replacement. Are you just completely out of luck if you get into a minor accident ?

This may be a dumb question...but is there any warranty or anything on these new front fascias? If it gets damaged I imagine you can't just take it to a normal shop or Tesla SC for repairs or replacement. Are you just completely out of luck if you get into a minor accident ?

the flip side is if you get into a minor accident w/ an old fascia, you can replace with new fascia since Tesla no longer makes the old ones.

really ? I would think they still make old parts for the older cars, no ?
Well, you cannot get many older parts from Tesla. I inquired about some new b-pillar interior panel parts and was told that they were not available.

Also, I just had a rear seat latch break and I was told that they had to replace the whole upper rear seat back and I had some clips come undone on the front lower seat and they did not go into detail about the front seat repair but the whole issue was going to cost $4,000 to repair.

I fixed both issues in about 3 hours. The rear seat latch is now better than new without replacing the whole upper seat.... and the front seat needed the clips re-clipped and was missing a screw that I replaced. Total cost of maybe $10 for parts and I guess my labor was $3990

In that same vein, I was told that I had warped rotors on the front and that work on all four and replace the rotors and pads would cost $2,000. Removed the rotors and had them turned for $40 and the pads and hardware cost under $60 as I did not need to replace rear pads. Yes, my labor cost something and I guess it was $1,900...;)

As far as the front refresh, I purchased it 3rd hand from a TMC member at a cost of $1,000. I normally would do my own paint but am recovering from surgery so I spent $788 on front cover and hood paint. Add to that a clear wrap of lower hood and front refresh of $700. So as a tally I spent $2,488 total on front end.

I will work on taking pictures of the front and hopefully get them posted soon...

Driving to Michigan from Arizona on June 1st, so short on time. Father in law passed away recently and memorial to attend. I also have a overloaded 6x12 to tow back to Arizona from my father passing last summer. Tried to tow it back last November but got caught in a snow storm and had to leave it. In the storm I was only getting 100 miles per charge! Wish me better luck!

Thank you to all of the well wishers on my open heart surgery! I am still trying to get this dang breast bone to heal. A long process I guess, just happy to be alive...

Last edited:
Well, you cannot get many older parts from Tesla. I inquired about some new b-pillar interior panel parts and was told that they were not available.

Also, I just had a rear seat latch break and I was told that they had to replace the whole upper rear seat back and I had some clips come undone on the front lower seat and they did not go into detail about the front seat repair but the whole issue was going to cost $4,000 to repair.

I fixed both issues in about 3 hours. The rear seat latch is now better than new without replacing the whole upper seat.... and the front seat needed the clips re-clipped and was missing a screw that I replaced. Total cost of maybe $10 for parts and I guess my labor was $3990

In that same vein, I was told that I had warped rotors on the front and that work on all four and replace the rotors and pads would cost $2,000. Removed the rotors and had them turned for $40 and the pads and hardware cost under $60 as I did not need to replace rear pads. Yes, my labor cost something and I guess it was $1,900...;)

As far as the front refresh, I purchased it 3rd hand from a TMC member at a cost of $1,000. I normally would do my own paint but am recovering from surgery so I spent $788 on front cover and hood paint. Add to that a clear wrap of lower hood and front refresh of $700. So as a tally I spent $2,488 total on front end.

I will work on taking pictures of the front and hopefully get them posted soon...

Driving to Michigan from Arizona on June 1st, so short on time. Father in law passed away recently and memorial to attend. I also have a overloaded 6x12 to tow back to Arizona from my father passing last summer. Tried to tow it back last November but got caught in a snow storm and had to leave it. In the storm I was only getting 100 miles per charge! Wish me better luck!

Thank you to all of the well wishers on my open heart surgery! I am still trying to get this dang breast bone to heal. A long process I guess, just happy to be alive...

Sorry to hear about your father in law’s passing, @Evoforce

Glad to hear you are recovering.

I’d recommend watching “forks over knives” on Netflix. You may pick up some pointers that will aid in your recovery.

Also, check out Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn’s book - “preventing and reversing heart disease”. It could not only aid in your recovery - it could save your life!

I personally know people who have undergone bypass / CABG surgery and have reversed their heart disease using Dr. Esselstyn’s approach. He’s at the Cleveland clinic. But everything you need to do so is in his book.

Enjoy your Tesla in excellent health !

Love that you have solved those pricey problems with your Tesla so creatively and cost effectively!

that looks really clean. I'm still stuck on the price tag, I just keep thinking Maybe OEM, but unplugged looks nice and easy.
the shop that installed mine had never seen a Tesla (yea, me & the shop both took a risk) but this guy does complete restorations so I gambled with him....when done they said it was painless and Unplugged Performance directions were easy to follow....as of today, no regrets, love the look. Also, AP worked perfectly which I had read was a concern when changing out the bumper and sensors.

Unfortunately I have not. I’ve literally had the parts list sitting on my desktop for months but haven’t really been motivated to actually do it.

I’m not in a super rush but for sure plan to do one of the option for the refresh. Keep me posted if you decide it’s time and I’ll do the same, it would be more fun to have a diy partner. I love working on stuff. But first I need to finish up my Electric golf cart

are u talking about the radar dead center front on the lower portion of the bumper? that was swapped over from old to new along with 6 circle sensors.... yeah, the grill/nose cone is urs to do whatever with....
Yea, the radar in the nose cone is attached to a ducting piece and covered with the grill. However in the refit, I don’t think the ducting and grill can work so I’m wondering how you kept the radar attached?

I had some people asking about the OEM refresh bumper route and just to clarify, it does extend 2” past the hood very similarly to aftermarket options. I kept mine chrome but this can always be wrapped or painted. You can also cut the tesla T to have it tucked under the hood more but I’m leaving it in case I find a good in the future.

Attachments

• 470326D9-B18F-4D64-8EEA-C0BDE39BA83A.png
    470326D9-B18F-4D64-8EEA-C0BDE39BA83A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 642
  • 017845D8-A46D-4B5B-81FA-EC0BFDAE0BBD.png
    017845D8-A46D-4B5B-81FA-EC0BFDAE0BBD.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 597
  • 4579E6D3-C344-4982-8CA1-977780120969.png
    4579E6D3-C344-4982-8CA1-977780120969.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 605
  • 708E05A3-A791-4106-AB7C-A3D72A6E2EC5.png
    708E05A3-A791-4106-AB7C-A3D72A6E2EC5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 591
  • Love
Reactions: Shadnic
Alexvo, your car looks great . how did you address the gap between the hood and refreshed bumper?
I just used a rubber gasket I found at autozone to cover up the hood gap and so far, it has kept rainwater and snow our so works for the time being. Some members have heated the area with a heat gun and bent the plastic behind the tesla T to fill on the gap but I’m leave it for now Incase I wanted to update the hood in the future.