Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best Model S refresh front fascia option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is model S 2015 70D
I didnt add any to the hood, lucky that there is no gap too.
Yea the space between the hood and bumper looks identical to a new facelift model s. When you have the old hood the space is about 2 inches larger, similar to an X. Did you do anything to make the space have such a small opening? What about the bumper sticking out past the hood? How were you able to achieve no underbite lol?
Can you come install my bumper lol... amazing job!

Last edited:
Yea the space between the hood and bumper looks identical to a new facelift model s. When you have the old hood the space is about 2 inches larger, similar to an X. Did you do anything to make the space have such a small opening? What about the bumper sticking out past the hood? How were you able to achieve no underbite lol?
Can you come install my bumper lol... amazing job!

Attachments

• 094A12AD-F290-429A-B0EE-62D1D8F3CCE9.jpeg
    094A12AD-F290-429A-B0EE-62D1D8F3CCE9.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 88B8DC23-6072-4ECF-8693-6A682BE2DEFC.jpeg
    88B8DC23-6072-4ECF-8693-6A682BE2DEFC.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 219
I saw these pictures that’s what I was referring too. I thought I did a good job of limiting the bumper from looking like it’s sticking way out past the bumper but yours looks just like a new model s. I don’t understand how you were able to achieve this since the hood ultimately has to line up with the headlights etc. Achieving this look makes it perfect and pointless to buy a newer hood. I just want to be able to achieve this look myself so I can save money not buying a new hood cause it really bothers me if it’s sticking out too far. One of the ways I made it look less dramatic was to angle the T emblem to give it an appearance that it doesn’t stick out as much when it still does. Not as bad as most though. I definitely think the newer the prefacelift the better it looks when adding a facelift conversion bumper. Clearly the single latch is an improvement and just like you I believe you said, that you didn’t have to relocate anything and I didn’t need too as well.

I saw these pictures that’s what I was referring too. I thought I did a good job of limiting the bumper from looking like it’s sticking way out past the bumper but yours looks just like a new model s. I don’t understand how you were able to achieve this since the hood ultimately has to line up with the headlights etc. Achieving this look makes it perfect and pointless to buy a newer hood. I just want to be able to achieve this look myself so I can save money not buying a new hood cause it really bothers me if it’s sticking out too far. One of the ways I made it look less dramatic was to angle the T emblem to give it an appearance that it doesn’t stick out as much when it still does. Not as bad as most though. I definitely think the newer the prefacelift the better it looks when adding a facelift conversion bumper. Clearly the single latch is an improvement and just like you I believe you said, that you didn’t have to relocate anything and I didn’t need too as well.
The T emblem i have to cut the back plastic about 1/2 inch to made it not so stick out too much. Hood is still remain same, nothing to adjust or modified. (Lucky me though) the wire that run packing sensor need to extend 6 more inches.( bcuz its short).

There are several ways to limit the underbite from the bumper sticking out. The hood hinges can slide forward on the bottom connected to the frame and top connected to the hood. Than by removing the latch you can place several washers or a bolt to equal the distance you moved the hood forward.
Also if you can use a mesh grill like this and you do not even have to cut holes for the Autopilot. It can operate perfectly with the mesh grill uncut and looks much cleaner all around. Pictures of the mesh grill and one picture with another grill that must be cut
DC3AF403-783B-42AD-A005-BA3927B3C866.jpeg
DA69A588-35AD-4F8A-948A-4471B0095A42.jpeg
30EE0B5F-77D1-46EF-9FC4-2917F38254E6.jpeg
621133B9-9CFA-4651-AD46-788440EFDDC9.png

Reactions: FlatSix911
Reactions: FlatSix911