Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the Quickest Way to get a Wall Charger from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buying online with free delivery is easiest. Is there any delay before they are shipped? Alternatively, are they available at Service Center?

My car is due in ten days. I'd like the charger ready and wonder when I can schedule an electrician.

Buying online with free delivery is easiest. Is there any delay before they are shipped? Alternatively, are they available at Service Center?

My car is due in ten days. I'd like the charger ready and wonder when I can schedule an electrician.

I ordered one and Tesla shipped it right away but it’s slowly making it’s way to me in Boston and seems to have disappeared in Buffalo. I’ll call FedEx tomorrow to see what’s up need it when my electrician comes on Tuesday.

I think if you are on the west coast you can get it fast from Tesla online.

Sorry, I'm sometimes careless with my language. I won't say what I think about pedants!
Another pedant here. And as a very new model 3 owner, I appreciate the understanding that people here convey. I am glad I understand that the charger is actually in the car and all the other things are just connectors to provide AC power to the onboard charger. (Except when you are at a supercharger.)

Another pedant here. And as a very new model 3 owner, I appreciate the understanding that people here convey. I am glad I understand that the charger is actually in the car and all the other things are just connectors to provide AC power to the onboard charger. (Except when you are at a supercharger.)

Yes, a Supercharger actually *is* a charger since it supplies DC power and bypasses any conversion electronics in the car. But for an average consumer, saying that a Supercharger is a "charger" while your wall mounted thingy ISN'T a charger even though they have the same plug and plug into the same place into the car and both charge up the car's battery, well, that's just stupid nomenclature.

In a similar vein, I'm finding that people do not realize the difference between all sorts of information delivery. WiFi = Internet = cable TV = DirecTV = fiber = cellular. I actually had this conversation the other day: "How's your Internet doing?", "Well, we still are getting broken video sometimes watching DirecTV". Sigh.

If it helps at all, I am also in san diego, and ordered a Tesla charger at the online store 2 days ago on 11/26 when I ordered the car. The car will now be delivered on 12/4, much sooner than I expected. I was hunting around trying to see how fast tesla would send my order and they have no real info there. I sent an email to the online orders account for tesla asking for expedited shipping. I never received a response from them, but I DID get a shipping confirmation so it took about 24 hours for them to confirm the shipping of my wall adapter, and I ordered the black one.