TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wheel Replacement on Lease

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by bswn1, Feb 20, 2016.

1. bswn1

bswn1 Member

Does anyone have any experience swapping to aftermarket or different wheels on a lease? Do they have to be replaced to stock when the car goes in for a service or just at the end of the 3 year lease period?

I remember a thread a while ago saying that Tesla refused some type of yearly service because the car wasn't stock as leased, but I can't seem to find the thread or the details.

As an aside, for those of you with aftermarket wheels, who did your installation?

2. Lennox

Lennox Member

Not sure if they would refuse to 'service' the car but they will of course only replace the std tyres if under a serviced agreement. Plus you will have to notify your insurance company you are running non OEM wheels and tyres (assuming they are not).

3. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

I have the T-Sportline 19" wheels on a leased 85D. Have not had any issued getting the vehicle serviced. Now, they won't perform wheel/tire services (as expected), but will do alignment, brakes, etc.