Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Rim Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone who has had cause to repair their model 3 wheel rim could recommend a product/technique for repair? Something that exactly matches the rim colour. (Mine is quite minor but boy are they easy to damage)
20191013_102110.jpg

I might like to try and sort this out myself first. Its probably not as bad as it seems in the photo. Does this site have the facility to private message and I will try pistonsdead direct and ask if he has the correct uk code. Its annoying the stuff originally suggested isn't available in the uk. I can't be the first and definitely won't be the last to do this.

I might like to try and sort this out myself first. Its probably not as bad as it seems in the photo. Does this site have the facility to private message and I will try pistonsdead direct and ask if he has the correct uk code. Its annoying the stuff originally suggested isn't available in the uk. I can't be the first and definitely won't be the last to do this.
Yes, you can PM. Pistonsdead has changed his name on here. Touch his username, @AlternateFlux and in the little box that pops up, touch Start a Conversation.

It’s the same process when you want to ask me for a referral code for Octopus Energy :D

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc and vitesse
The 18" aero wheels are a nightmare in terms of curb clearance. The alloys seem to protrude from the tyre rather than sit behind, as my old audi and bmw did. So I also immediately became a victim of getting to close to the curb. Once have got used to this will get a mobile repair guy to come tidy them up, but expect if I do that now it will happen again! Not sure if the non aero wheels are any better?

The 18" aero wheels are a nightmare in terms of curb clearance. The alloys seem to protrude from the tyre rather than sit behind, as my old audi and bmw did. So I also immediately became a victim of getting to close to the curb. Once have got used to this will get a mobile repair guy to come tidy them up, but expect if I do that now it will happen again! Not sure if the non aero wheels are any better?

I certainly know what you mean about the Aero wheels. Loads of people on here seem to have kerbed them, so the design is undoubtedly susceptible.

You might want to buy alloy insurance, for after you’ve sorted that one out. I only paid £129 for three years cover, unlimited claims up to £1000 total, no excess. So about the cost of two repairs.

Sadly I’m interested in following this thread too. 2 weeks in and one of my wheels is scuffed - scarily I was using Autopilot and it clipped the curb when going around a slight bend - no warning and no time to react. I’m using Autopilot a lot less since that incident!