Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels: Vossen vs. HRE vs. Signature or Others

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm new to the whole aftermarket wheel game and see a lot of designs I like from the likes of Vossen, HRE, and Signature Wheels. Looking for a lightweight mono block forged set for my MSPlaid to replace my 21" Arachnids. In terms of quality, which do you recommend and if there are other companies I should check out, please let me know. Thanks.

Signature are definitely the vendor of choice for these forums. I've not seen a single negative comment about them in my time here. My experience with them was excellent. I know they are relatively expensive but the quality of the manufacturing and the painting is superb. The only regret I have is not going for the matte bronze vs the brushed. But that's no reflection on them or their product.

Signature are definitely the vendor of choice for these forums. I've not seen a single negative comment about them in my time here. My experience with them was excellent. I know they are relatively expensive but the quality of the manufacturing and the painting is superb. The only regret I have is not going for the matte bronze vs the brushed. But that's no reflection on them or their product.
Why matte over brushed?

Why matte over brushed?
Brushed is the way to go tbh but it depends on what you’re going for. It’s a tinted clear coat so you can see wheel machining through it. Has a lot more “depth” and shadow.

A lot of manufacturers have regular powedercoat that’s has the wheel more “flat” looking but Signature doesn’t charge extra for wheel finishes and it gives the wheel a more premium look. Here’s a closeup pic of the finish on my model 3 wheels.

The barrel is brushed aluminum and the center is brushed black.
CAB8BE82-7BAB-4AE0-83F9-3AAC9422FAB5.jpeg

Brushed is the way to go tbh but it depends on what you’re going for. It’s a tinted clear coat so you can see wheel machining through it. Has a lot more “depth” and shadow.

A lot of manufacturers have regular powedercoat that’s has the wheel more “flat” looking but Signature doesn’t charge extra for wheel finishes and it gives the wheel a more premium look. Here’s a closeup pic of the finish on my model 3 wheels.

The barrel is brushed aluminum and the center is brushed black.View attachment 837059
That looks sweet up close. Can you show a full car pic from the side?

I have Vossen Forged, Vossen Hybrid Forged and BC Forged which are made in the same factory as Signature on my current cars. The Vossen forged and my BC have a brushed dark finish and the Vossen finish and the detail to me are better but they are also made in the U.S. and are more expensive but also more customizable. The Vossen hybrid forged and the finish on them are not as nice as either but they are also cheaper in price. For the money, BC/Signature are hard to beat but if you don’t care about spending a little more I think the Vossen’s are better.

2putt4, if I had a Plaid, I’d suggest Advan or Volk for monoblock wheels. In terms of quality, price, heritage, and name recognition, there’s no way you can beat that price point at the top tier. The other wheels brands you named are basically a compensation of price/quality. The resale value will also be better for the Advan or Volk if you decide to sell.

If you ever decide multi piece, then I’d throw BBS on there as well.

Reactions: Bennny
2putt4, if I had a Plaid, I’d suggest Advan or Volk for monoblock wheels. In terms of quality, price, heritage, and name recognition, there’s no way you can beat that price point at the top tier. The other wheels brands you named are basically a compensation of price/quality. The resale value will also be better for the Advan or Volk if you decide to sell.

Sorry to burst your bubble but they’re not durable. Not all forged wheels are created equal.
91B61FC5-219B-4C96-B0E8-68DB5724E123.jpeg

LOLz... MountainPass?! You're joking right. Volk and Advan both use mold-form forging process. Signature wheels are made from the same vendors as Alibaba and Aliexpress. Do you really think the machinery that Advan and Volk possess are the same ones Signature Wheels uses??? 😂 But hey, if MountainPass said so, then I guess they said so.

The one benefit of wheels like Volk and Advans is during resale their cookie cutter sizes and offsets blend across manufactures but custom sizes, offsets and face options will impact resale because they may not appeal to everyone. I love my TEs on my IS-F but the price difference for a set of Volks for my S and custom building some BC is a nice chunk of change in savings.

Reactions: D Unit
LOLz... MountainPass?! You're joking right. Volk and Advan both use mold-form forging process. Signature wheels are made from the same vendors as Alibaba and Aliexpress. Do you really think the machinery that Advan and Volk possess are the same ones Signature Wheels uses??? 😂 But hey, if MountainPass said so, then I guess they said so.
Wow. Such an ignorant statement. You clearly don’t know the difference. Rocking fake TE with TE stickers clearly shows it too. 🙄

Why so triggered?! I had custom wheels made that looked like TE37s made but by no means was I delusional that they were the same was as authentic TE37s. Tell me specifically, which part of my statement is ignorant and let's have a conversation. Jeez... Cancel culture at it's finest. :)

I also like Volk and Advans but for some reason I like them on Japanese cars the best. I considered Advans for my GTR but everyone has them. Love BBS FI-R and LMs but they don’t make them in custom offsets and the FI-R is pretty expensive for a non-custom wheel.