Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels: Vossen vs. HRE vs. Signature or Others

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the difference in Signature vs Advan/Volk?
There's not really any difference in BC/Signature vs Advan/Volk beside that BC/Signature are made to order with size, offset, color and face being determined by the payer. I've heard that BC and Signature wheels are manufactured at the same place in Taiwan. Each company just owns their own 'face' designs even though there's tons of overlapping similarities in designs. A true forged monoblock wheel is essentially created the same way. Don't be fooled with flow forged being a true forged wheel. With Volk and Advan you're getting a quality wheel but you're also paying on the brand name/reputation as well.

Normally I wouldn’t care to argue, but there’s a huge difference between Signature/Bc wheels vs Advan and Volk Wheels. Advan and Volk Wheels are forged pressed and you can look up their forged pressing machines specs which are the largest in Japan. Signatures are made in China and I think the BCs are made in America. That being said, they are not all the same and for the guy that bought the Plaid, I hope you understand they are not all the same.

Nothing wrong with anything manufactured in Taiwan :) as long as it performs and looks good.
I agree. But I would ask if the same manufacturing process is the same whether it’s in China or Japan. That’s why I experimented getting custom wheels forged in China but was not delusional how they compared to the molded forging process in Japan. Not sure why no one is accepting this point. If I’m wrong, please prove me wrong.

Normally I wouldn’t care to argue, but there’s a huge difference between Signature/Bc wheels vs Advan and Volk Wheels. Advan and Volk Wheels are forged pressed and you can look up their forged pressing machines specs which are the largest in Japan. Signatures are made in China and I think the BCs are made in America. That being said, they are not all the same and for the guy that bought the Plaid, I hope you understand they are not all the same.
BCs are not made in America, both BC and Signature are made in the same place in Taiwan.

Reactions: D Unit
To be fair - can anyone give an accurate answer (preferably backed by data) on how any other brand (and/or manufacturing process) is superior to Advan/Volk?

Be great to settle this by purchasing one of each, then testing under a hydraulic press how much force they can handle before deforming/cracking….

To be fair - can anyone give an accurate answer (preferably backed by data) on how any other brand (and/or manufacturing process) is superior to Advan/Volk?

Be great to settle this by purchasing one of each, then testing under a hydraulic press how much force they can handle before deforming/cracking….
Does 160mph into a wall count for testing?
2EA947EF-B06B-4344-BBA0-FCCA89E28031.jpeg

Last edited:

Signature wheel is made in Taiwan not China. Legally I cannot disclose much information. What I can tell you, it is very common for multiple brands to share the same plant to reduce overhead cost and be competitive. Example, Niche, ADV.1, Rotiform, DUB share the same plant, but their price, fitment, and market cannot be more different.

Our wheels are exclusively designed in California. Every wheel is engineered for racing and is track tested by our exclusive partner Ford Motorsport Racing Schools instructors before they're manufactured in Taiwan precisely to our specifications. We warranty our wheels even if you track them, regardless of the tire type used. We offer lifetime 50% off replacement and expedited replacement production for all original owners.

Signature wheel is made in Taiwan not China. Legally I cannot disclose much information. What I can tell you, it is very common for multiple brands to share the same plant to reduce overhead cost and be competitive. Example, Niche, ADV.1, Rotiform, DUB share the same plant, but their price, fitment, and market cannot be more different.

Our wheels are exclusively designed in California. Every wheel is engineered for racing and is track tested by our exclusive partner Ford Motorsport Racing Schools instructors before they're manufactured in Taiwan precisely to our specifications. We warranty our wheels even if you track them, regardless of the tire type used. We offer lifetime 50% off replacement and expedited replacement production for all original owners.
As a vendor, I appreciate your input and I hope for your success. Do your wheels undergo a mold-form forging process like Rays or are they machine cut? The forging press that Rays Engineering uses is the biggest forging machine in Japan. Would you say your forged wheel is superior to theirs?

Reactions: Bennny
As a vendor, I appreciate your input and I hope for your success. Do your wheels undergo a mold-form forging process like Rays or are they machine cut? The forging press that Rays Engineering uses is the biggest forging machine in Japan. Would you say your forged wheel is superior to theirs?

All of the Signature wheel are CNC machined out of an forged aluminum block and there are no exact figures to show if either wheel is more robust than the others. We cannot speak about other brands’ quality, service, and testing. We focus on ours, and as we mention from our last reply, the wheel is the most important safety aspect of the car where we don’t do anything to cut corners. We have over $3.5M in testing equipment to test every real world and racing scenario possible. On top of that, we prove with the actual real-world example rather than show all sort of certification.

I love HREs and think they are really the gold standard in terms of wheels. I have been to the factory in Vista, CA and it’s nothing short of incredible. I don’t see how people can say they aren’t durable, but I have seen them go above and beyond to refinish some guys wheels that he bought used and powdercoated. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t stand behind anything they make. But let’s be real, spending 17k on wheels doesn’t make sense for most people, and if it does—more power to you.

I think Signature is a great option because of their pricing and customer service. Jamie is a very hands-on guy that is easy to get ahold of. It’s a great option, despite whatever factory makes it. A lot of people run them here because of their presence on the forums, which no other wheel brand has. Think about that, at this point they have a reputation to build and maintain, so a customer relationship is extremely important to them. The fact that you can speak to a real spokesperson is worth mentioning. There are many tried and true brands out there, but unfortunately you’ll be stuck working through distributors to fix them—should something go wrong.

I love HREs and think they are really the gold standard in terms of wheels. I have been to the factory in Vista, CA and it’s nothing short of incredible. I don’t see how people can say they aren’t durable, but I have seen them go above and beyond to refinish some guys wheels that he bought used and powdercoated. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t stand behind anything they make. But let’s be real, spending 17k on wheels doesn’t make sense for most people, and if it does—more power to you.

I think Signature is a great option because of their pricing and customer service. Jamie is a very hands-on guy that is easy to get ahold of. It’s a great option, despite whatever factory makes it. A lot of people run them here because of their presence on the forums, which no other wheel brand has. Think about that, at this point they have a reputation to build and maintain, so a customer relationship is extremely important to them. The fact that you can speak to a real spokesperson is worth mentioning. There are many tried and true brands out there, but unfortunately you’ll be stuck working through distributors to fix them—should something go wrong.
I mean…I know HRE has the “name” but this is a common post across the car groups.

Can’t really make this stuff up.
160C5325-B963-40EE-BE88-93C0D21A723B.jpeg

I mean…I know HRE has the “name” but this is a common post across the car groups.

Can’t really make this stuff up.
View attachment 839405

Anything 3-piece bends sooner than a monoblock will crack. Doesn't matter what brand it is. 6061-T6 is to blame, and physics. But what other option do you have?

Everyone I know with 3 piece wheels bends them on a pothole eventually, pay to play. Doesn't matter if they're HRE, ADV.1, AL13 or whatever else. There's no avoiding it, ever (unless roads are butter where you live). It's not unique to HRE. Buy monoblocks if you want rigidity.

Last edited:
While many have focused on brand, I prefer to provide input on the outcome you want to achieve

1. Improved Looks, fit and finish - just pick the one you like
2. Improved Handling - pick a wheel with a smaller offset (more flush)
3. Not lose range - pick a wheel with a larger offset and fewer spokes (for lower turbulence)

I love my signature sv104s with burnt titanium lug nuts and matching MPP rotors
134D3B7E-5F61-4C10-931E-4FCC67BEFF12.jpeg