Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheelsco Winter Tire Group Buy for GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve never bought winter tires for any of my previous cars so I’m a newbie here.

I’ve got 19” sport wheels. Should I be looking for 19” winter tires too, or go down a size?

Also, Tesla.com is selling the 19” tire and rim for $4400 and the 18” for $2400. Why the huge difference between the two, and why so much more expensive than Canadian tire? Am I paying big money for the rims?

I’ve never bought winter tires for any of my previous cars so I’m a newbie here.

I’ve got 19” sport wheels. Should I be looking for 19” winter tires too, or go down a size?

Also, Tesla.com is selling the 19” tire and rim for $4400 and the 18” for $2400. Why the huge difference between the two, and why so much more expensive than Canadian tire? Am I paying big money for the rims?
19" is more expensive regardless, and the tesla packages come with TPMS sensors in them. But yes they are still over priced if you want to do a bit of legwork yourself.

It's up to you and your bank account, but I would go with 18" wheels and tires. For example I got the continental winter contact si for 735 after rebate, rims from partsengine.ca for 630, TPMS from eBay for 130, so total of around 1500 + tax. Add 60 to mount and balance, so almost 1k less than the tesla 18" package.

I’m going with Tesla mostly for peace of mind and less hassle. I’ve had a shop overtorque and strip the bolt on a car before and you’re basically on your own to repair it. That’s enough for me to go with Tesla and have some sort of recourse.

Well that and I’m already pushing for Tesla to succeed by having gotten a car, I’d like to support them this way as well.

I'm thinking of going to costco in Brampton to get XI3 and steel rims.

Anyone go there and have them lift your car? Also, I haven't seen any mention of steel rims. I'm guessing they'll work just fine?
I haven't seen any steel rims that fit a model 3...spent a few weeks searching, and ultimately gave up...plus if you do find steel rims they will end up probably being close to $100 each, and for just a bit more you can get something much nicer looking....my $0.02

I haven't seen any steel rims that fit a model 3...spent a few weeks searching, and ultimately gave up...plus if you do find steel rims they will end up probably being close to $100 each, and for just a bit more you can get something much nicer looking....my $0.02
Thanks.

Ended up ordering the wheels from Tires23 for 800 taxes in.

Steel is also a lot heavier than alloy wheels, so you're going to lose range as well. Not to mention ugly (you really want to put steels on a $65k+ car?)

I’m going with Tesla mostly for peace of mind and less hassle. I’ve had a shop overtorque and strip the bolt on a car before and you’re basically on your own to repair it. That’s enough for me to go with Tesla and have some sort of recourse.

Well that and I’m already pushing for Tesla to succeed by having gotten a car, I’d like to support them this way as well.

I'm thinking the same thing. mostly because I don't have the time / hassle to put all the pieces together. But online reviews of the pirelli tires are hit and miss. I'm in Toronto but live on a pretty steep hill and some of the comments say the pirellis are not very good in deeper snow. (sitting in our living room and watching cars get stuck outside our house is a winter pastime). Anyone here had experience with the pirellis? I may take a run out to Kaltire tomorrow to see what they can do. I had Nokians on my last car and they were awesome.

Which rims did you end up going for? Will they be your winter rims or next summer rims?

Thanks,
I ordered these ones (but dont copy me! :rolleyes: ). With the 10% discount they were around 157 each. I forgot to mention these need hub rings as well, which were around $16 with the discount. I will very likely use these as my summer rims and swap the winter tires over to the aero rims...figuring the aero rims may offset a bit of the cold weather range loss. According to the mfg, these rims are roughly the same weight as the aero rims...about 0.5 lbs lighter per tire in fact.

upload_2018-10-3_14-44-58.png

There were a bunch of other ones I considered from different places, pics below for consideration of others. I should say I was looking for something fairly bright since my car is white...and I plan on getting the brakes painted red by the service listed on the forums in scarborough. I think these rims with red calipers will look kickass.

upload_2018-10-3_14-55-56.png

upload_2018-10-3_14-59-20.png

upload_2018-10-3_14-56-55.png

upload_2018-10-3_14-53-54.png

upload_2018-10-3_14-54-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-3_14-50-27.png
    upload_2018-10-3_14-50-27.png
    312.8 KB · Views: 79
I ordered these ones (but dont copy me! :rolleyes: ). With the 10% discount they were around 157 each. I forgot to mention these need hub rings as well, which were around $16 with the discount. I will very likely use these as my summer rims and swap the winter tires over to the aero rims...figuring the aero rims may offset a bit of the cold weather range loss. According to the mfg, these rims are roughly the same weight as the aero rims...about 0.5 lbs lighter per tire in fact.

I will copy you only if they have them in black (satin black would be a must).

My car will be blue with a satin PPF, so silver rims do not work for me, you are safe :D.

Since, you need them only for next spring, like me, why did you buy them already? Are they cheaper in autumn than in spring?