Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is a P85+ not a P85+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P85 (which is not a +) has red brake calipers, included as a standard part of the performance package. Was there an earlier point in time when they were available only on the P85+ and not the P85?

Nope, you are right, the Red Calipers have always been the visual hallmark of the P or Performance S models.
Your earlier P85, the P85+, the P85D, the P90D, the P90D and the P100D all had or have the red calipers (unless de-selected in the Design Studio).
Sorry to have not discussed the earlier P85.
But again other than the P100D, each of the earlier P's had the check box to de-select the red calipers.
The P100D also has that box but I cannot de-select the red calipers in the current Design Studio.

Sorry to have omitted the P85 "thecloud".

Also, in the Tesla Accessories website, for an incredible amount of money, you can now add red calipers to any Model S as a service center retrofit. That allows you to pose your non performance S with the Big Dogs.

Last edited:
Nope, you are right, the Red Calipers have always been the visual hallmark of the P or Performance S models.
Your earlier P85, the P85+, the P85D, the P90D, the P90D and the P100D all had or have the red calipers (unless de-selected in the Design Studio).
Sorry to have not discussed the earlier P85.
But again other than the P100D, each of the earlier P's had the check box to de-select the red calipers.
The P100D also has that box but I cannot de-select the red calipers in the current Design Studio.

Sorry to have omitted the P85 "thecloud".

Also, in the Tesla Accessories website, for an incredible amount of money, you can now add red calipers to any Model S as a service center retrofit. That allows you to pose your non performance S with the Big Dogs.

Hmm, are you sure red calipers were always available to P cars? I had one of the first 8 P85+ cars and had grey calipers. I would have definitely selected red had it been available. I think they became available mid 2013.