Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When on TMC, which app do you use?

Which application do you use when on TMC?

• Safari

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Google (Normal)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was an amazing smartphone App named Tapatalk that the owners of this site decided to stop supporting when they did a major upgrade of the forum software.

It was quick, easy to navigate. Amazing user experience.

Last edited:
Well they are in the minority, with only 3 votes right now.
I think that is because many/most people don't understand the question. It should be What browser do you use for reading/posting on TMC.

If you look at browser market share for most web pages the poll results don't really make sense, unless this site has an extraordinarily large bias towards Apple. Safari's share in the desktop/laptop browser share is fairly small. Even on mobile devices it would be no better than 50% as Android users would not be using Safari.

For us Mac users, most use Safari
Agreed but Mac users are a small minority of overall desktop/laptop users. Apple has about 8% market share in the US. It would likely have a higher market share in wealthier demographics so I would guess that its market share with TMC users would be higher, but nowhere near 50%. And previous surveys on TMC have found the Android/iPhone split to be close to 50-50.

Reactions: Drone Flyer
I run a whisky related website that attracts (I'm assuming) higher-income hits. Windows only makes up 20% of the platforms coming in. iOS (40%) and Android (24%) are the top three. macOS is only 8%. Browser wise, because desktops are such a small percentage, IE, Firefox etc.. make-up a vague 15%

I am surprised that desktops are such a small percentage on your website - do you suspect that you get a lot of hits when people are on a liquour store about to buy a bottle? I rarely browse TMC on my phone, although I will use an iPad quite a bit.

I also got into a bit of a disagreement with someone on the Model S UI sub-forum about Android vs iOS and he was insisting that Android would have much greater market sure for Tesla apps - I disagreed as from my understanding it is closer to 50-50.

I am surprised that desktops are such a small percentage on your website - do you suspect that you get a lot of hits when people are on a liquour store about to buy a bottle? I rarely browse TMC on my phone, although I will use an iPad quite a bit.

TMC is definitely not as fun to use on a mobile device with the way I use it (I open up multiple tabs etc..). However, I think this is a general trend that mobile traffic is leading the way. I should add, mobile doesn't distinguish between iPad and iPhone (or the size of the Android device). There are likely ways to get these stats, I just don't collect them.

And yes, definitely, a lot of searches from liquor stores.. I'm pretty sure that tips the stats a fair bit.

I think that is because many/most people don't understand the question. It should be What browser do you use for reading/posting on TMC.

If you look at browser market share for most web pages the poll results don't really make sense, unless this site has an extraordinarily large bias towards Apple. Safari's share in the desktop/laptop browser share is fairly small. Even on mobile devices it would be no better than 50% as Android users would not be using Safari.
tesla owners are extraordinarily biased towards apple so that makes sense