Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Tesla could offer FSD? Got a speed ticket today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I feel very sick, in about 4AM, I drove my 3 to the Markham Stouffville hospital emergency . God knows that dark in the morning, the highway 7 after Markville mall is 50 speed limit. I was so tired did pay attention to the screen. Got pull over by police for 75 over 50 speed limit fine.

In this kind of situation, I really hope the car could drive himself. Especially when I am sick. And the self driving car shall never get a speed ticket

No Tesla is a fully autonomous vehicle yet. The driver is always responsible for the operation of the vehicle.

I drove myself to the emergency room in my Model 3 a few weeks ago in the agony of passing a kidney stone. I knew that I remained responsible for the driving of the car. When the pain got so bad that I thought I was going to vomit, I pulled over and stopped the car.

Maybe one day the car will be able to drive me to the hospital, but not yet.

This morning I feel very sick, in about 4AM, I drove my 3 to the Markham Stouffville hospital emergency . God knows that dark in the morning, the highway 7 after Markville mall is 50 speed limit. I was so tired did pay attention to the screen. Got pull over by police for 75 over 50 speed limit fine.

In this kind of situation, I really hope the car could drive himself. Especially when I am sick. And the self driving car shall never get a speed ticket
That sucks. Too bad the cop didn't take pity on you for being sick....

In this situation even normal autopilot should have reduced your speed (assuming the maps updated the speed limit accordingly). Ie, if you had your speed set to 10km/h above the speed limit, when the limit changed down to 50 km/h the car should have reduced to 60 km/h. Does this all the time for me on onramps/offramps. Ie, if I'm set to 120km/h and the limit is 100, when I get on the onramp the 'limit' the car thinks for that road is reduced to 70km/h and the speed reduces to 90 km/h.

Not sure if this happens on regular autopilot, but on EAP it does. So, did you have autopilot enabled? Its entirely possibly the maps aren't correct and didnt know the speed limit changed, but assuming the maps were correct the car should already have slowed you down if you were on autopilot.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Not sure if this happens on regular autopilot, but on EAP it does.
Yes, regular autopilot will also adjust the speed. With auto steer enabled, it will limit the maximum speed you can set in many situations. I.e. If it's aware it's a 50 zone, it will usually limit you to 60. I know TACC can still be set higher, and I'm not sure TACC automatically slows when speed limit drops.

That sucks. Too bad the cop didn't take pity on you for being sick....

In this situation even normal autopilot should have reduced your speed (assuming the maps updated the speed limit accordingly). Ie, if you had your speed set to 10km/h above the speed limit, when the limit changed down to 50 km/h the car should have reduced to 60 km/h. Does this all the time for me on onramps/offramps. Ie, if I'm set to 120km/h and the limit is 100, when I get on the onramp the 'limit' the car thinks for that road is reduced to 70km/h and the speed reduces to 90 km/h.

Not sure if this happens on regular autopilot, but on EAP it does. So, did you have autopilot enabled? Its entirely possibly the maps aren't correct and didnt know the speed limit changed, but assuming the maps were correct the car should already have slowed you down if you were on autopilot.

Yes, regular autopilot will also adjust the speed. With auto steer enabled, it will limit the maximum speed you can set in many situations. I.e. If it's aware it's a 50 zone, it will usually limit you to 60. I know TACC can still be set higher, and I'm not sure TACC automatically slows when speed limit drops.

I have every possible Autopilot option on my car. ( I got EAP on purchasing, and added FSD while it on sale for few days). But I was not turning on autopilot on local roads, specially the car will not respond red light yet. Perhaps the chime warning shall be good , and I need to find where it is to turn on.

That sucks. Too bad the cop didn't take pity on you for being sick.....

When I was taking myself to the hospital, I was thinking the opposite. I was thinking a cop would figure, "You already know that your driving is adversely affected by your medical circumstance and still you are speeding?!? Don't you know that is why we have ambulances?"

(I live in a rural area and when I had a kidney stone a few years ago it took the ambulance over 40 minutes to get to me.)

Yeah, but the Tesla warning screen specifically says to not use autopilot except on divided highways. (I don't recall the exact wording.) So if the speed limit was 50 km/hour, it probably wasn't a divided highway.

Throw up on him and then he might understand why you were speeding :D:D:D

TMCC will reduce it as well. On a 60 km zone it will limit it to 70 km. I think if you going from a 60 to 80 km zone, it will limit it to 90 km, even if I set the limit to 19 km above the speed limit. I think 19 km over limit in a highway, you will never get pulled over. Of course, I think anything under 25 km above should be fine, but I just don't care.