Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to pay the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up on June 28th tuesday. My loan will pay part of it. I asked my DS how do I pay my part, he said I will see a pay link in My Tesla page about 2 days before delivery. I do not see it.

Does that mean I am waiting for a "pay link" to checkout like making a purchase on ebay? when picking up, do they allow you to bring them a personal check instead?

Thanks

Good question.. My bank already paid their part.. I owe ~$13 k after the $5k deposit money is accounted for..
My DS asked the Fremont office to finalize the accounting and they sent me a link to make final payment, but that link was dead.
I went to "My Tesla", and that detail page has the accounting half way down with a payment link... BUT that has the accounting obviously wrong, says I'm fully paid and won't let me put ##s in to pay the balance!
Perhaps they are giving me a $13k discount?

DS has told me to bring a check.. Didn't specify if it needed to be a cashiers check..

You'll see a link when they're ready to accept payment. If the link indicates its paid for and you know you haven't, let your DS known and it'll be re-activated. Just put the amount you're going to pay in the box and then follow the prompts with your bank info.

It would be nice if it were a discount. :)

I think it's a bigger issue in non-direct sale states.

You'll see a link when they're ready to accept payment. If the link indicates its paid for and you know you haven't, let your DS known and it'll be re-activated. Just put the amount you're going to pay in the box and then follow the prompts with your bank info.

Trust me the emails have been bouncing back and forth.. His final answer was ..

"I'd hate for you to be spending your time trying to figure out the payment method! We can have you bring a check to delivery if that's easier?

As mentioned, my payment systems have been having a difficult time these last few days, and regrettably I'm not sure when they plan to have the issue resolved. "

His final answer was ..

"I'd hate for you to be spending your time trying to figure out the payment method! We can have you bring a check to delivery if that's easier?

As mentioned, my payment systems have been having a difficult time these last few days, and regrettably I'm not sure when they plan to have the issue resolved. "

Bless that DS.. yes just bring a personal check. That's what I did with no problem. They do that all the time.

Finally the payment link and computation are correct and active in "My Tesla". Also reviewed temporary registration by FedEx with a "Statement of delivery outside California" form today.. Expecting to schedule delivery I next day or two!

I paid full amount (loan + balance from My Tesla) 3 days before the delivery appointment. Today my DS called and the car might not be ready.
No ETA as of now. If the delivery is at the end of a quarter, you need all the leverage and I gave up mine by paying before delivery appointment. Take the check with you for delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: Jurnimon