Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Tesla create luxury COMFORTABLE seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree they are narrow, but I blame the center console. It is way too high for my elbow and there isn't room between me and the console to let it rest beside me.

As to hard... I let a friend drive the other day and noticed the passenger seat was very hard. I let some pressure out of the lumbar adjustment and it was much better. Have you tried adjusting that?

I have a 2014 Mercedes GL and a 2018 MX, for me the Mercedes has WAY harder cushions. The MX is quite supple and hugs my curves. And the ride on the MX is SOOOOO much more comfortable over bumps than the Mercedes. As for narrow, I’ve never noticed; I assumed seat widths were somewhat standardized. I guess not?

I actually find the model X seats comfortable. They are supportive and roomy. Try the S man.. its like a tight little can.

Yeah, I got an S as a loaner when my X was in the shop. It felt a bit more cramped like a sports car. Mostly I hit my head on the roof a few times. In the X I have to worry about the massive support behind my head. In the S there is a sun roof I think and the massive support is in front where I wasn't used to it. Every time I adjusted my sit in the seat I'd bob my head forward and bam! Didn't take too many times before I quit squirming.

I shouldn't complain. Those massive supports are what keep the car from crushing the roof in an accident. I just saw on the news a model X was snapped in two pieces with three teenagers in it and all three survived so far. One has life threatening injuries though. Still, last time I heard of a car being split in two only one person lived out of four.

I came to the X from a BMW 5 series M-Sport that had sporty seats with great thigh support, and initially felt the MX seats to be extremely uncomfortable - with poor ergonomics for placing the back of my arms on the door edge or the small, recessed arm rest.

As I got to fiddle around with all the thingamabobs for the seat (height, recline, track position, lumbar, headrest) and the steering wheel, I am starting to get comfy in the seats. With the right lumbar support inflation to suit your frame, the seats CAN feel more comfortable. But I feel the ergonomics of the MX driver's seat needs serious redesign. The seat is not comfortable out of the gate, without major fiddling with the controls.

I came to the X from a BMW 5 series M-Sport that had sporty seats with great thigh support, and initially felt the MX seats to be extremely uncomfortable - with poor ergonomics for placing the back of my arms on the door edge or the small, recessed arm rest.

As I got to fiddle around with all the thingamabobs for the seat (height, recline, track position, lumbar, headrest) and the steering wheel, I am starting to get comfy in the seats. With the right lumbar support inflation to suit your frame, the seats CAN feel more comfortable. But I feel the ergonomics of the MX driver's seat needs serious redesign. The seat is not comfortable out of the gate, without major fiddling with the controls.

My complaint is not with the seat itself, but with the center console. It is too high to rest my arm on it, too close to drop my arm by my side. What's left??? I could have it removed I suppose.

In comparison, the seat is a wonder!

I personally think the X has incredibly comfortable seats. I'm 5'9" and about 160 lbs so maybe I'm a bit small compared to some others. I think they're more comfortable than the two lexuses I've owned before that. They might not be as comfortable as the mercedes S-class, but I'm also okay with that, as this is really a different kind of car. I prefer the bolstering on the teslas.

The entire product range needs more adjustability in the seats. The thigh support in particular is deplorable for us tall folk.

I would like to see the front of the seats heated as well as the spoke in the steering wheel. My fingers get cold gripping the cold spokes of the wheel and my legs get cold with nothing to warm them while my bottom and back are quite toasty. The heater seems to suck pretty badly on cold days. It doesn't matter what temperature I set, the cabin never really gets warm. Tomorrow I'm driving north again. We'll see how it does.

Huh. My heated steering wheel, seats, and ventilation system all work just fine. In fact, I mentioned to the wife today that even when set at 21, it sometimes feels too hot due to the warm air in my face. Not sure why yours has problems - do you have range mode in?

Huh. My heated steering wheel, seats, and ventilation system all work just fine. In fact, I mentioned to the wife today that even when set at 21, it sometimes feels too hot due to the warm air in my face. Not sure why yours has problems - do you have range mode in?

No, I had range mode on but found my mileage was terrible anyway, so I turned it off a while back. I need to add that to the list of things I want checked when I take the car in for service, there may be an air leak around the door that leaves the area near the floor cold even with the heat on.

Big guy here, just traded my 2014 Model S for a 2016 Model X. For me (big guy), the model S seat was way more comfortable than the X seat. The seats need more adjustments than just lumbar. FYI, I had a 2014 Corvette and the seats in it were very comfortable and they are of course sport seats...
In the X I'm basically spilling out over the seat bottom and seat back and it's not very comfortable. On my S the seats were flatter and seemed wider since they weren't sport style seats...

Big guy here, just traded my 2014 Model S for a 2016 Model X. For me (big guy), the model S seat was way more comfortable than the X seat. The seats need more adjustments than just lumbar. FYI, I had a 2014 Corvette and the seats in it were very comfortable and they are of course sport seats...
In the X I'm basically spilling out over the seat bottom and seat back and it's not very comfortable. On my S the seats were flatter and seemed wider since they weren't sport style seats...

One "feature" of bucket seats is the wrap around to hold you in place. That's great if they are positioned appropriately. For larger folks like us they tend to push on my shoulders and make me a bit hunchback. It only takes a little to distort posture from the correct position. This has bugged me since day one although I'm getting more used to it.