Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will the Dual Motor badges arrive??

How long before Tesla has the Dual Motor badges?

• They're coming - just a couple of weeks!

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • 1-3 months, Tesla has bigger issues to focus on dude

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! (ie never)

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Who cares?!

Votes: 43 36.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got email here to. Location is not a service center but I believe solar city in San Mateo. Dec 1st or 2nd.

Just received our email as well but we were directed to 47400 Kato address and from google maps looked like the old Solyndra/Solar City building. Not sure what we'll do about the badging. Suppose to rain that weekend and not sure if I really care to drive there to get it. Rather pick it up at a closer SvC. Sort of tempted to pick it up but not install it, and might have our detailers add it later in the month when they do the PPF. Also a Dec 1/2 install date at Tesla.

Nice that they are trying to get it done by the end of the year for people.

Last edited:
Just received our email as well but we were directed to 47400 Kato address and from google maps looked like the old Solyndra/Solar City building.
Yes, my invitation was for the same address. The Fremont service center used to be there before it moved to Page Ave. More recently it was used for deliveries during the Q3 rush. It's actually a warehouse building.

Hey guys....picked up this morning at Mt Kisco, my car is VIN 121xxx....no badge on it. I checked out maybe 20-25 cars while there in the delivery warehouse, maybe 30% had the dual motor badge. I saw VIN 85xxx with badge, and a 130xxx car without....there didn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason.

Before picking up I was thinking I wanted the badge....but after seeing a few dozen cars with and without.....I actually think I like it better without. The back end has better balance without, the de-badged look is cool, kinda mysterious. My wife agreed, she doesn’t want the badge now. Go figure......

Have had our M3 for just over 3 months now, still waiting on the Dual Motor badging... and to add insult to injury we saw our first truly badged Dual Motor this evening in the wild. Kind gent said his was delivered recently at the factory with the badging already installed.

I’m more concerned about getting the spoiler. It needs to go on before applying ceramic coating so that the adhesive will stick.

If you are waiting on the spoiler, there isn’t a need to.

You can line up the spoiler and tape around it to frame where it will go. Then just rub with a polishing compound. It’ll remove any coating that you have in that area to allow proper adhesion.

Polishing compound is sanding.

The polishing compounds you use have abrasives in them that equate to sanding down your clear coat to even it out and remove scratches and the like. It is sanding except you have finer control over it and wont go down to bare metal on the first pass.