Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will we get Park Assist on Model S with HW4 and no USS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Park assist unavailable. Do the cameras need to calibrate?

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpeg
    IMG_0824.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 216
You need to do the following:

- turn all options from Autopilot page to off
- restart car by holding both wheel buttons down for 3 secs
- re-enable all autopilot options

This will solve it.
This didn’t work for me; tried it twice. In fact, I’m not even seeing any indication of the park assist when I pull forward or backward.

How accurate does the park assist seem, especially in front
Its actually not terrible. I put a 17in high cardboard box in front on the vehicle. Pulled up to it. I stopped when it said 15 inches. Got out, measured and it was actually 20 inches. I then got back in and continued to pull forward. As soon as it said "Stop" I stopped and put it in park. Front bumper was 5.5 inches from hitting the box.

Contrast that with USS and when it said 12", it was 12". Keep in mind the cameras don't have a good view of the corners like USS does as well.

Best case scenario for HW4 is pulling straight up to something that is directly in the line of sight of the camera and not below it. My USS has picked up objects I didn't see on my S and 3 that were very low. My eyes are at about camera level when I drive either car. So if I couldn't easily see it, unlikely the car will with the current camera positioning.

Same situation here, hoping it’s just temporary. If you’re parking in a garage your headlights automatically turn on, so it’s possible that too much light is being reflected back to the camera lenses. Kind of like the “camera blinded” message we sometimes get when the sun is shining on the b- pillar cameras.

Reactions: jrr6415sun