Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the employee model 3 reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't say I'm surprised but are the employees really not allowed to talk about the car they bought outright? Is that allowed? At what point can they talk about it I wonder?

I know it came up they can't sell the car for profit but I was hoping to see someone with more time to go through the car, show supercharging, go through the UI, etc.

Reactions: SpaceAce
Apparently the employees have agreed to not re-sell their Model 3s for more than they bought them, so an agreement to stay mum sounds plausible as well?

It seems possible to me Tesla's anti-selling efforts as well as wanting to keep any ramp-up issues suitably under wraps would encourage asking for silence at this stage.

We shall see, of course.

I wasn't thinking they would highlight any negatives just be excited to have this great car and show off really. It's theirs to do with as they want I would hope.

With the wait it looks like for me in Canada I guess I can wait a few months when the non-employees get the car finally and can share the excitement!

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Can't say I'm surprised but are the employees really not allowed to talk about the car they bought outright? Is that allowed? At what point can they talk about it I wonder?

I know it came up they can't sell the car for profit but I was hoping to see someone with more time to go through the car, show supercharging, go through the UI, etc.
Probably they are not allowed to - that's my guess.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Not an NDA per se, just a general prohibition against posting on social media as a representative to Tesla. All corporations don't want people to say they represent the company if they are not a coordinated effort. I was at Apple for the last 14 years and though I was under NDA that didn't mean that I couldn't speak on social media. I just didn't wanna go and post "I work at Apple and I say:" but I could easily post "I got the new iPhone and I say:" so they are probably in the same boat. At the moment ANY posts about getting a new Model 3 are going to be by definition Tesla employees, no way to post w/o indicating that you work for Tesla and as such you are speaking for Tesla.

I am sure once others start taking delivery those who work there will feel freer to post their own opinions as they will disappear into the group of owners.

But yeah, sucks that there aren't any posts this weekend.

-Randy

If they want job security, (and their stock options? to grow) they'd promote the car.

I don't understand how they can put a NDA on their employee owners, when they supposedly aren't getting any discount.

What? They're already 500k+ preorders in. Promoting the car more will only make more people unhappy (for having to wait) at this point.

What? They're already 500k+ preorders in. Promoting the car more will only make more people unhappy (for having to wait) at this point.

GM employees performing real world testing of pre-production Bolts earlier last year were not allowed to post anything about their experiences. Same deal with the pre-production Gen 2 Volt "beta" testing.
One employee did post some pics and videos in a Volt owner's Facebook group. The next day, that person and all their posts were gone.
But that was PRE-PRODUCTION units we're talking about. Bizarre that the 3, which has officially sold its first 30 units, is still under this huge shroud of secrecy. I mean we still don't officially know the battery sizes, among a lot of other basic things.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
I don't understand how they can put a NDA on their employee owners, when they supposedly aren't getting any discount.

I assume they could do so if they wanted, like:
#1: If you want to be part of the first delivery group, you must sign this document...
#2: If you want to work here, we need to you to sign this document...