Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the employee model 3 reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What purpose would a public review by an employee serve? If there's a problem, better to report it through channels so it can be fixed for the next batch, rather than have the press make a big deal about it. For the great features, no reason to talk them up yet and generate even more reservations that Tesla can't fill until 2019.
Purpose would be to share information not yet known. As example, driver legroom for long legged people or how does the key card work, do you need to swipe it across the pillar, what functions can be done on a smart phone, home link? None of these things would appear to be "big deal" press issues. Surely many employee 3 owners have used this site and others to help them make a decision. Revealing answers to many unknowns would be a nice pay back.

Reactions: Falkirk
They're not under NDA, VIN #5 has posted several pictures as well as a video of his production Model 3.

I think people just assume the 30 owners are exactly the same as us. Most people don't care in the slightest about posting videos, pictures, doing walkthroughs, etc. 1 out of 30 people posting information seems pretty reasonable.

This isn't much different than the Model X release. There were videos and pictures, but it took a little while until enough cars filtered out to someone interested in making detailed walkthrough videos.

Not an NDA per se, just a general prohibition against posting on social media as a representative to Tesla. All corporations don't want people to say they represent the company if they are not a coordinated effort. I was at Apple for the last 14 years and though I was under NDA that didn't mean that I couldn't speak on social media. I just didn't wanna go and post "I work at Apple and I say:" but I could easily post "I got the new iPhone and I say:" so they are probably in the same boat. At the moment ANY posts about getting a new Model 3 are going to be by definition Tesla employees, no way to post w/o indicating that you work for Tesla and as such you are speaking for Tesla.

I am sure once others start taking delivery those who work there will feel freer to post their own opinions as they will disappear into the group of owners.

But yeah, sucks that there aren't any posts this weekend.

-Randy

Yes, Musk speaks for Tesla. Not Sally in accounting.

Those 30 employees were probably some higher level managers and investors (like Jurvetson), not factory floor workers or stores staff. Even if they didn't sign any NDA, I think there's an unspoken agreement or company loyalty to not be super public with their opinions until more and more are delivered.

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk
Why would I care what they say BEFORE they even own their car for a month?
The engineering validation cars aren't even "validated" yet.
These guys are the beta testers, right?

Many small tweaks no doubt for the next 8 weeks maybe even 16 weeks.
Full production (half speed) not until December.
As Elon said, production hell has started.

Get a grip people.

They're not under NDA, VIN #5 has posted several pictures as well as a video of his production Model 3.

I think people just assume the 30 owners are exactly the same as us. Most people don't care in the slightest about posting videos, pictures, doing walkthroughs, etc. 1 out of 30 people posting information seems pretty reasonable.

This isn't much different than the Model X release. There were videos and pictures, but it took a little while until enough cars filtered out to someone interested in making detailed walkthrough videos.
Is there a link?

Purpose would be to share information not yet known. As example, driver legroom for long legged people or how does the key card work, do you need to swipe it across the pillar, what functions can be done on a smart phone, home link?

Yeah, I wanna know if there is an always on power port in the car so that when I take it camping I can plug in a little fridge to keep my food and drinks cold. I love that the Bloomberg report says there is 6'9" of sleeping space with the seats down. Wonder if there will also be room for my wife back there.

-Randy

• Funny
Reactions: EVCollies
Yeah, I wanna know if there is an always on power port in the car so that when I take it camping I can plug in a little fridge to keep my food and drinks cold. I love that the Bloomberg report says there is 6'9" of sleeping space with the seats down. Wonder if there will also be room for my wife back there.

-Randy
I would assume there is. People have reported using the car's climate control over night for camping so I would guess that the power port would also be on.