Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can I see my charging history?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But not the invoices, sadly - which Accounts tell me they have to have ...
Are you sure?
Screenshot_20230314_200853_Chrome.jpg

But it doesn’t give you the mileage when you charged

Not a requirement for my expenses claim (that I know of?)
I own a house in my former home state that I am renting out, and our trip to the old home state to meet with and hire a property manager is a deductible expense.

For my tax situation the actual charges for power at the superchargers is irrelevant, I just need proof of the route taken for calculating miles driven for the 62.5 cents per mile driven. I had a hotel receipt for the trip that would have shown my destination, but that somehow managed to get lost so I am using the Tesla Supercharger invoices as a backup for showing that the trip was taken.

Keith

I own a house in my former home state that I am renting out, and our trip to the old home state to meet with and hire a property manager is a deductible expense.

For my tax situation the actual charges for power at the superchargers is irrelevant, I just need proof of the route taken for calculating miles driven for the 62.5 cents per mile driven. I had a hotel receipt for the trip that would have shown my destination, but that somehow managed to get lost so I am using the Tesla Supercharger invoices as a backup for showing that the trip was taken.

Keith
I have looked at the invoices but still can’t find either how many miles or what was the mileage either when I started charging or when I left.

I have looked at the invoices but still can’t find either how many miles or what was the mileage either when I started charging or when I left.
You won't, because they are not there. It shows how many kWh you had and the unit cost and the date/time/location you carried out the transaction.

If you look at your car screen you can find your mileage at the start of charging, and it should be the same at the end of charging too ;)

Ohhhhh, the anger just transformed into livid rage!

I went to forward each of the invoices I need to my email so I can print them out... total of 13 needed... after I finished #10 and tried to forward #11 it tells me that I have reached my maximum number of recipients per day.... I need these f-ing invoices for my Taxes TODAY... I don't have the option of waiting until tomorrow to forward the last 3 of them to my e-mail address.

If I had known that there was a limit (an arbitrary, nonsensical, infuriating limit) I would have skipped a couple in the middle of the string.

And no, the invoices don't show your milage. I am using them (if needed) to prove that I made the business trip in question and what route was taken for calculating the tax deduction for the relevant milage. This trip was for final cleanout of the house and signing the paperwork for the property manager. At this point I have to hope my property manager agreement we signed on this trip is enough proof of the business trip.

The milage itself can come from Goggle maps or whatever software the tax preparer uses. You can get that information from Teslafi if you are a subscriber.

Later,

Keith

Ohhhhh, the anger just transformed into livid rage!

I went to forward each of the invoices I need to my email so I can print them out... total of 13 needed... after I finished #10 and tried to forward #11 it tells me that I have reached my maximum number of recipients per day.... I need these f-ing invoices for my Taxes TODAY... I don't have the option of waiting until tomorrow to forward the last 3 of them to my e-mail address.

If I had known that there was a limit (an arbitrary, nonsensical, infuriating limit) I would have skipped a couple in the middle of the string.

And no, the invoices don't show your milage. I am using them (if needed) to prove that I made the business trip in question and what route was taken for calculating the tax deduction for the relevant milage. This trip was for final cleanout of the house and signing the paperwork for the property manager. At this point I have to hope my property manager agreement we signed on this trip is enough proof of the business trip.

The milage itself can come from Goggle maps or whatever software the tax preparer uses. You can get that information from Teslafi if you are a subscriber.

Later,

Keith
Google maps mileage works if you go from point A to point B but not everyone is doing that. I wanted to know how much I traveled on a recent trip which involved going to multiple stops along the way. If the invoice had what the mileage was when I charged I would have total miles traveled.

If the invoice had what the mileage was when I charged I would have total miles traveled

TeslaFi (and others like it) will show you that information - useful if you need that often, or "long after the fact" if you subsequently discover you retrospectively need to know. But it can only do that for data which it has recorded - i.e. only FROM the date/time when you started using it.

Weirdly our car shows a phantom supercharge. Our car has only done Newport Pagnell once and it wasn’t this.

It was doing Telford SC at exactly that time though but not cost, although similar. We have also yet to do a paid supercharge. NP was our last supercharge though, in January, but it was free.

B4408978-0DF4-4B7F-AE11-3B25CA5C5396.jpeg

e. takes seconds to save them to your PC or whatever.

Not on my setup it doesn't ... took enough time that I decided it wasn't worth my doing, and if accounts wanted the information they could use their time rather than mine. 4 cars on my account, reasonable amount of supercharging in a month, process is incredibly cumbersome. Give me some other options - make them available on website or just email me a PDF each time.

you still go through the same process whether its on the app or on the web

Yes, in essence. Very fiddly on phone (for me at least), on PC (hypothetically) I would just click multiple download icons and the PDFs will all pile up in my downloads folder and I can then attach them all (sort by date/time they are all adjacently in the file list) to an email to accounts. All that with a mouse on a decent sized screen without anything (phone) misinterpreting my finger-click-movements and having to wait for specifically select DroipBox each time and wait for DropBox "uploading" pop-up to get out of the way before I can do the next one ... at least that's what happens on my phone.

email attachments would be easier for me. I would just forward the email to accounts (and in practice [and assuming "enough of them" to make it worthwhile] I'd have a rule in Outlook that did that on arrival, and moved the email out of INBOX to "Filed" so I didn't also do that manually

OMG I just need the total cost and now I have to download dozens of fancy invoices instead of one ugly spreadsheet. =(
You can get a one ugly spreadsheet in the Tesla app:
Face in upper-right corner >> Account >> Charging >> History, then the download symbol in the upper-right corner. Select the Start Date and End Date, then Export History. The resulting CSV file can then be e-mailed, saved to the cloud, etc.

Reactions: Adopado
I have tried that setting. It provided data (which might be equivalent to the invoices) but not the PDF - or at least not that I could find.

If someone else can make that work (to download PDFs / Image of actual invoice) pls let me know
You can now download PDF supercharger invoices on TeslaFi !