Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where did my 75D's acceleration go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometime in the last 10 days or so the impressive, holy *sugar*, head snapping acceleration has disappeared.

I don't use it often but would like it back. It's almost like the car has been un-uncorked. Only worse.

She's a 2016 75D facelift AP2 that I picked up November 12th with 10,500 miles on the clock. The dealer had charged to 100% and range showed 259 miles so I figured it had been uncorked. The first time I floored the accelerator it was OMG.

Not anymore. Glad I didn't embarrass myself while showing her off.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Yes, no maybe. I looked at the setting and neither chill or standard could be selected. What's up with that?

Look at your speedometer. If it's in "Chill" the word CHILL will appear in small, faint letters above the number indicating your current speed.
Can't say why you can't switch between standard and chill. Seems strange.

I simply find that hard to believe.

which part, that the P85 has more punch at 40?

The 75 D definitely has more power off the line at lower SOCs. I never tried any 100 variant but have driven a S90D and XP90. I would guess that the 75D is quicker to 40 than either of those were. The S90D was unimpressive but software has changed since then so I think they are a little quicker now.

Well, it is damp of course so i can't actually get a good P85 accelerometer run to compare to the 75 D w/ the same app
almost manage to hook up completely off the line but a bump of slip then at peak power it starts to chatter slip ~1.5 seconds in
1/2 - 1 1/2 seemed to be decent traction on the P85 (no TC light coming on)
the 75D just barely pulls harder from 0-2 secs
P85 pulls harder after 2sec which is right about when power peaks and the car wants to get squirrelly.. . what makes the P a much more fun car to drive
upload_2019-1-7_11-51-36.png