Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you keep your car registration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Under the driver visor mirror cover. Don’t look at myself but much rather have quick, unrestricted access in case of a traffic stop or, worst case, an accident which kills the power to the glove box.

Tried to stick a sleeve in the armrest but it kept falling.

What’s the point of hiding the thing? The VIN is publicly visible and easily searchable if a thief wants to find my address plus, in my case, I have a detached garage so homelink isn’t gonna help them.

From MN here, and 'registration' is a weird one for me. "License and Registration, Please" is a phrase I've heard all my life, but never have I ever needed to present the vehicle's title, or the paperwork that comes with the registration tabs. The tabs go on the plate, and the paperwork goes into the tax folder in the filing cabinet. While I do not have tremendous amount of experience being in accidents or breaking the law, I've NEVER needed anything other than my license and proof of insurance card.
Same idea with the insurance cards, I can't imagine trying to keep the cards or the registration paper in my wallet. I have 6 vehicles, that would be insane. Insurance cards go in each vehicle's glove box (or in the case of the bike, in the seat.)

If there's an accident serious enough that the power is lost and the glove box won't open, trading insurance information on the spot is the least of my worries.

Just take a pic and keep it in your album as favorite or docs or in your digital wallet in your phone . i do that for my insurance as well. It is easy to exchange show and exchange via txt.
This is what I do also.

Not all states accept it as legal, but my primary interest is to have it available when I want the information. The one time I was stopped by a cop and could only show my copy on my phone I was asked to show a paper copy at a later date. No fines involved

Why would you keep your registration near the car? I assume this is a USA thing.

In the USA registration is something you have to re-up every year or two depending on the state. Along with the piece of paper you get a new sticker to put on the license plate so it is obvious if your registration is expired.

We also have a title, this is proof that you own the car; when financing the bank has this; once you pay off the loan you receive the title and best to keep in safety deposit box or home safe.