Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is 2021.4? [2021.4.x Release]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is significant news! If they’re moving you over that means they merged the code for the heated steering wheel . Now it’s time to start seeing if anyone on 2021.4.3 got it unlocked!! I have my doubts though :(. Thank you for sharing :)
Just installed 2021.4.3 on MY with heated steering (from 2020.39.110) and can confirm I kept my heated steering wheel. Not sure if it unlocks for anyone who didn’t have 2020.39.110, but at least it didn’t remove it. Looks like we are merging back to the rest of the baseline now. . .

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Just installed 2021.4.3 on MY with heated steering (from 2020.39.110) and can confirm I kept my heated steering wheel. Not sure if it unlocks for anyone who didn’t have 2020.39.110, but at least it didn’t remove it. Looks like we are merging back to the rest of the baseline now. . .
Same here! I got Boombox and kept the heated steering wheel. Unfortunately moved to the new UI and smaller map though that came out in December. I was on the factory software.

You're wrong.

It's calculated battery capacity divided by the static, fixed, unchanging EPA constant. Which only changes when models undergo new testing and software is eventually updated to reflect that new constant.
Not true. My displayed range goes up and down despite the charge level % being set as the constant. Tesla service confirmed the display will vary based on driving habits.

Just updated M3 2021 (Nov 2020 build) here in NL to 2021.4.3, but no heated steering wheel activated unfortunately. Didn’t have it in earlier software versions, but since I have the new steering wheel I had good hopes it would activate at some point in the future. Not yet the case.

88EBC86B-16E4-4246-ACF9-896C606A5482.jpeg

Attachments

• 040C6E5C-7BEC-46CA-BC58-80F8C11407A3.jpeg
    040C6E5C-7BEC-46CA-BC58-80F8C11407A3.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Not true. My displayed range goes up and down despite the charge level % being set as the constant. Tesla service confirmed the display will vary based on driving habits.

They're wrong, and you're wrong. The only display that changes is the Energy graph estimate.

Battery capacity estimates can change based on temp but generally only at extremes. Driving style is not a factor at all.

I’d have to agree with serendipity. The range displayed in the corner is the EPA range based on current battery charge which is constant. i.e. kWh*(constant). Now your kWh is variable which I mean in the sense of battery consumption (current battery level) and battery degradation (battery max capacity).

Just updated M3 2021 (Nov 2020 build) here in NL to 2021.4.3, but no heated steering wheel activated unfortunately. Didn’t have it in earlier software versions, but since I have the new steering wheel I had good hopes it would activate at some point in the future. Not yet the case.

View attachment 635901
Did you try turning it on via the Climate controls and not just with a voice command?

They're wrong, and you're wrong. The only display that changes is the Energy graph estimate.

Battery capacity estimates can change based on temp but generally only at extremes. Driving style is not a factor at all.

I actually wish I could use the 30 mile average from the energy screen as the displayed value so it would vary with driving, weather and other recent factors.

I actually wish I could use the 30 mile average from the energy screen as the displayed value so it would vary with driving, weather and other recent factors.

It makes me wonder why they insist on A) having miles be available as an option at all for the battery display or B) making it the default. It's such a misleading, nearly meaningless figure. I can see an argument that if they just displayed estimated kWh they'd invite speculation and whining over degradation etc, but the mile display does that anyway... Just make the 30 mile average visible somewhere as your estimated range like gas cars have done for decades and call it a day. Then it's clear that "I have 70% left, and at my recent pace, that's probably enough for around 200 miles" without all the other baggage...

You need to know via many miles you have. Three percent doesn’t tell you a lot.

So like I said, look at the Energy display to see what 3% gets you right now. Seeing that 3% got some EPA tester 12 miles means nothing when you drive with a leadfoot or your destination is a 4000 foot climb up a mountain. All they've done by saying 12 miles is told you via an opaque method that you have 2.92kWh of energy in your battery. Is that any more useful?

Installed it this morning.... Looks like the bug I had last year in March where the car would sleep for 2 minutes and wake up and then sleep for 2 minutes has returned. I can hear it constantly clicking and popping out in the garage now. Going to try and reboot the car and see if it helps.

upload_2021-2-11_16-28-55.png

So like I said, look at the Energy display to see what 3% gets you right now. Seeing that 3% got some EPA tester 12 miles means nothing when you drive with a leadfoot or your destination is a 4000 foot climb up a mountain. All they've done by saying 12 miles is told you via an opaque method that you have 2.92kWh of energy in your battery. Is that any more useful?

If I see what three percent gets me I’ll run out electrics

• Disagree
Reactions: serendipitous