Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHERE is our Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Badging!?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the response I got from Tesla Support:

"Parts have just begun shipping, and we will inform you as soon as they become available at your preferred Tesla Service Center. Your account will automatically have a note applied to record that you’re owed these installations, and there is no need to reach out to confirm".

In other words: “Leave us the efffff alone.”

On the bright side we can always just stick on a cardboard spoiler if they take another half a year.

h2FD305CF

Every contact gets a different answer. Performance M3 with all boxes checked (EAP, FSD, PUP, and Premium White) for total Price $81,700 was delivered mid-September, 2018. At delivery, was told PUP would be received within 6-weeks. No contact from Tesla, checked with Van Nuys, CA SC while getting our MX 100D first annual service, was told by EOY. Again, no contact from Tesla. Emailed customer service based on jkoya response above. Customer Service said online account does not get noted, my VIN shows PUP due bill, update packages are being sent to SCs (package includes spoiler and badging) in order of VIN#. If I wanted to check status for my update, I was advised to call the Burbank SC (place of M3P purchase). I called Burbank SC, was told they never heard PUPs were being shipped based in VIN#, they have no idea when it will be received but would refer my request to Parts Dept and they will call me with status. That was two weeks ago and I have had no further contact with Tesla. Internet clearly shows that all the M3P cars being delivered in Europe have the rear spoiler and performance badging. Obviously, Tesla has our money and does not care about existing customers that paid the highest price last year for the performance models. Europe would not allow a car to be delivered without all parts installed and Tesla wants to make as much money in 1st quarter they can so we poor fools in the US are left in the dark. We have always been very happy with Tesla. We are now going 5+ months with no proactive information coming from Tesla and different stories with each contact. This is a terrible way to treat your customers. It is also interesting that no one at Tesla, including Ellon are even commenting on this issue. I understand delays but it would be nice if Tesla would send us an official letter that explains this situation and offers a clear path to resolution.

Every contact gets a different answer. Performance M3 with all boxes checked (EAP, FSD, PUP, and Premium White) for total Price $81,700 was delivered mid-September, 2018. At delivery, was told PUP would be received within 6-weeks. No contact from Tesla, checked with Van Nuys, CA SC while getting our MX 100D first annual service, was told by EOY. Again, no contact from Tesla. Emailed customer service based on jkoya response above. Customer Service said online account does not get noted, my VIN shows PUP due bill, update packages are being sent to SCs (package includes spoiler and badging) in order of VIN#. If I wanted to check status for my update, I was advised to call the Burbank SC (place of M3P purchase). I called Burbank SC, was told they never heard PUPs were being shipped based in VIN#, they have no idea when it will be received but would refer my request to Parts Dept and they will call me with status. That was two weeks ago and I have had no further contact with Tesla. Internet clearly shows that all the M3P cars being delivered in Europe have the rear spoiler and performance badging. Obviously, Tesla has our money and does not care about existing customers that paid the highest price last year for the performance models. Europe would not allow a car to be delivered without all parts installed and Tesla wants to make as much money in 1st quarter they can so we poor fools in the US are left in the dark. We have always been very happy with Tesla. We are now going 5+ months with no proactive information coming from Tesla and different stories with each contact. This is a terrible way to treat your customers. It is also interesting that no one at Tesla, including Ellon are even commenting on this issue. I understand delays but it would be nice if Tesla would send us an official letter that explains this situation and offers a clear path to resolution.

Maybe I’m just getting old and too forgiving but we love our P3D+ delivered on September 30. The car is better and has more features (via OTA updates) then when it was new. Heck we even found out it was faster than originally advertised (3.2 vs 3.5).

We realize in time the badging and spoiler will be installed on our car. We prefer to let the service and sales folks continue to focus on their mission of bringing sustainable transport to the world. In the meantime we enjoy every minute driving our 3 and don’t waste our time or energy dwelling on things out of our control.

Reactions: preilly44
Maybe I’m just getting old and too forgiving but we love our P3D+ delivered on September 30. The car is better and has more features (via OTA updates) then when it was new. Heck we even found out it was faster than originally advertised (3.2 vs 3.5).

We realize in time the badging and spoiler will be installed on our car. We prefer to let the service and sales folks continue to focus on their mission of bringing sustainable transport to the world. In the meantime we enjoy every minute driving our 3 and don’t waste our time or energy dwelling on things out of our control.
That's all fine and good, but we want what we were promised 5 months ago.

We own two Teslas, M3P and MX 100D, we have never before owned two vehicles from the same manufacturer and are 100% supporters of Tesla's mission. What I cannot justify is Tesla ignoring for over 5-months we who purchased a performance M3. We know Europe is getting the complete package, now pictures have been posted showing "The first batch of Tesla’s Performance Model 3 China edition vehicles arrived about a week ago in Hong Kong." Tesla Model 3 Power Sports wheel with aero cover makes grand debut in China as test drives begin
These pictures clearly show white performance M3 with black carbon spoiler already installed. US Customers can't even get a letter explaining why we are still waiting and how this will be resolved.

I’m a August 1st delivery without badge and spoiler - though technically I can get badge now if I wanted.

If Europe and China are getting spoilers Day 1, it clearly means Tesla is supply and/or logistics constrained. So if they had to pick which cars to install spoilers on, it makes sense to install them for oversea cars. They can also be installed as part of the build process not requiring the overhead and inefficiencies to get owners like us piecemeal.

While irritating, I do understand their rationale for doing things how they do it.

My trust, hoping it is not misplaced, is that Tesla is making economic decisions that make them viable so we can enjoy support, charging networks and new cars for years to come.

@MXWing - hello fellow OC neighbor & club member. While I hope your statement holds true. I haven't even received communication about my badge even from the Service Center or Tesla directly. It's also not good for PR when customers have already PAID for these parts and they are showing up elsewhere. Communication is needed so customers understand this delay.

Reservation Date: March 31, 2016
Configuration Date: June 30, 2018
Birth Date: July 19, 2018
Factory Gate Date: July 21, 2018
VIN Assignment Date: July 23, 2018 (558XX)
Delivery Date: July 28, 2018
Title Recieved: August 14, 2018
Service Center Repairs: August 6 - August 30, 2018

• Love
Reactions: LJ32 and MXWing
I've heard of Dual Motor badges being available, but not the Performance badge with the red underline. I'm assuming the P3D+ cars in China with the spoilers are for test drives and media? Does it say if it's the preorder cars? In the US they made plenty of P3D+ cars with spoilers and Performance badging, but they were all test drive and media cars.

Good question, China must be test drive vehicles since ordering just opened but no details are given. Europe on the other hand has pictures of trailers full of M3Ps on the highways to points of delivery that clearly show all of them have rear spoilers and performance badges. Pictures of M3Ps waiting at the San Francisco doc for loading onto ships clearly show performance M3 badging but not the spoiler. Are they installing spoiler in Brussels before transporting to delivery points? Until someone takes delivery and post more pictures, we will not know for sure. If Europe and China M3Ps are delivered with due bills, the world will need a letter from Tesla explaining the plan to resolve.

Last edited:
Europe on the other hand has pictures of trailers full of M3Ps on the highways to points of delivery that clearly show all of them have rear spoilers and performance badges.

Where do you see that? I'm pretty sure the only cars in Europe right now are demo/test drive cars and that's why they have spoilers. The first cars to be delivered to customers are on the Glovis Captain which is still a few days from port in Belgium.

Where do you see that? I'm pretty sure the only cars in Europe right now are demo/test drive cars and that's why they have spoilers. The first cars to be delivered to customers are on the Glovis Captain which is still a few days from port in Belgium.
I wish I had kept the article after printing. Article was a driver in Denmark taking pictures of Tesla delivery trailers (he stated there were four car carriers). Close-up picture of one trailer you could see the back of four M3Ps clearly with performance underlined badging and black rear spoilers. Article also stated obviously Tesla had delivered to Europe sooner than anyone had thought. I will search to see if I can find the original story and report back.

Interesting, though i'd still be willing to bet those are demo cars of some sort!
I am Tweeting with our European friends who are expecting first delivery of M3P 2/16 in Luxembourgh. So far they advise that pictures on the ship show all the M3Ps have the performance badging but not the rear spoilers. They are assuming that spoilers will be installed before they are delivered but we will have to wait for confirmations after 2/16 deliveries. I sure hope the Europeans love the M3P as much as we do.